Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No stereoscopic rendering in V5?

Hi,

VRay 3.7 has the possibility to render in 360° stereoscopic (top - bottom or side by side). I couldn't find a similar setup in VRay 5 for C4D! I urgently need this to produce Virtual Reality content, like before...
    Does anybody know the correct setup for VRay 5?

Thanks in advance

Hello pascal_mueller ,

Currently V-Ray 5 for Cinema4D doesn't have stereoscopic rendering. This will be implemented in the future, however I cannot give you a specific timeframe.
    Aleksandar Kasabov
    chaos.com

Comment

I see... Can I buy V5, but installing V3.7 and use it until the stereoscopic feature is implemented in V5?

Comment

The license is backwards compatible which means that you can use your V-Ray 5 for Cinema4D license to render with V-Ray 3.7.
        Aleksandar Kasabov
        chaos.com

Comment

Do we have any updates on the stereoscopic VR camera? We’ve got a big VR project coming up and we would like to try Vray for it. Do you know if it’s something for June or later.? If not then we’ll go Corona , either way Chaos wins.. haha .

Comment

Hello konstantinos_despotis,

We do not yet have updates on the matter. I am afraid that I cannot provide a specific timeframe for when it will be implemented. Thank you for your patience.
            Aleksandar Kasabov
            chaos.com

Comment

pascal_mueller and @konstantinos_despotis

you could still render a stereo image/sequence but for now you would have to use C4D's native stereo camera and render to the pv.
              Keep in mind that the exposure controls should be set in the rs and make sure to activate the stereoscopic effect in the rs before switching the renderer to V-Ray.

Hope this will be helpful until the V-Ray Stereoscopic is implemented
              Here is a quick gif of the result
              https://drive.google.com/file/d/15g-...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

Thank you!

unfortunately it looks like it’s working but it doesn’t . If you view it on oculus only half the image is right 180, it doesn’t have the necessary stretching to do the right 360 for both eyes , it’s like it’s rotating two cameras on their axis, not the correct eye movement. I guess we’ll have to wait for the right camera support , that and node materials to call it production ready for us..

Comment

Hi konstantinos_despotis , no worries!
                  I just noticed that you've mention even earlier VR (360) stereo production.
                  The gif/method I gave above was definitely not for a VR solution, but that said if you change the camera type to spherical (2:1) or cube (6:1), you could still use the built in stereoscopic effect in c4d.
                  Take a look at this gif - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1e6l...ew?usp=sharing

Hope this helps

Comment

Originally posted by aleksandar.kasabov View Post
                    Hello konstantinos_despotis,

We do not yet have updates on the matter. I am afraid that I cannot provide a specific timeframe for when it will be implemented. Thank you for your patience.

Good thing that I did not have to produce VR images. But the Vray5 buying site should clearly state - NOT CAPABLE OF RENDERING STEREOSCOPIC IMAGES. And other missing things

I'm now very deep into V5, and if I would realize of this mid-project, that would ruin the job and client relation. Not everyone reads all posts and digs out what's still sadly missing.

Not blaming Aleksandar here, I know he's just trying to keep up with the support for us.
                    www.rwvision.com.pl

Comment

Originally posted by RwVision View Post

....But the Vray5 buying site should clearly state - NOT CAPABLE OF RENDERING STEREOSCOPIC IMAGES. And other missing things.

I'm now very deep into V5, and if I would realize of this mid-project, that would ruin the job and client relation. Not everyone reads all posts and digs out what's still sadly missing.

Not blaming Aleksandar here, I know he's just trying to keep up with the support for us.
                      + One - on every point

Comment

Hello aleksandar.kasabov - is stereoscopic rendering still not implemented?
                        I hope it's already there, facing a project right now.

www.rwvision.com.pl

Comment

Hello RwVision,

I am afraid that stereoscopic camera is not yet implemented in V-Ray for Cinema4D. It is added to our planned features list and will be implemented in the future, however, I cannot provide any specific timeframes. Thanks for your patience.
                          Aleksandar Kasabov
                          chaos.com

Comment

I'm sorry to bother again, but are you kidding? This thread is almost 1,5 year old and the same answer is unacceptable. As mentioned, I have a project requiring it and we wrote about this issue one year ago.

What I'm I supposed yo do now?
                            www.rwvision.com.pl

Comment

Hey RwVision

You're right, it's unacceptable and that's why we don't engage with timeframes for features. I do understand the emergency here, but try to understand our point of view as well. If we could, we will deliver any request as soon as possible, and I think we've already proven that a few times. As you know we're trying to keep a balance between new and reintroduced features in V-Ray 5 and focusing only on reintroducing features would inevitably delay the new ones. However, the main reason is difficulty. The stereo camera isn't a trivial thing to implement and changes need to be done in a few places in our V-Ray 5 code including the regular physical camera which on the other hand might affect existing scenes and current setups which isn't a recommended move to do unless it's a major V-ray release. Not to mention that this should work with V-Ray GPU as well.

As a workaround, you can set up your project for use with the PV and use the Cinema 4D Stereo camera to setup your scene, since stereoscopic rendering works fine with the PV (suggested above by YunalZobu)
                              To set this up, you need to use the Cinema 4D Stereo Camera in the scene and set the Stereoscopic option in Render Settings to ON while using the Standard renderer as current engine and then switch back to V-Ray. It will work just fine no matter that it's hidden.
                              Set the Camera type to Spherical with 360 degree FOV in the Overrides > Camera rollout in Render Settings and render to PV for the final result. Any post-production in the VFB should be automatically applied to the final PV render as well.
                              Since the Stereoscopic option in Render Settings is hidden when V-Ray is selected as a render engine, we will make sure to un hide when V-Ray is set as current engine as soon as possible.

Thank you for the understanding, and let me know if I can assist you with anything else!
                              Last edited by shaio; 13-06-2022, 11:40 AM.
                              Ivan Shaykov
                              chaos.com

Comment

Working...
                              X