Spherical Camera and GPU-rendering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spherical Camera and GPU-rendering

Is there any new information as to when the Spherical Camera will start working with GPU rendering?

Best regards
    uwe

Gibt es schon neue Informationen, ab wann die Spherical Camera mit dem GPU-Rendern funktioniert?

Viele Grüße
    uwe

Hello pardalis,

We don't have any updates on this issue yet. It has been reported to our developers (bug ID: VC4D-651) for fixing. I will now make sure to bump its priority and I will let you know once we have more information.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Aleksandar Kasabov
    chaos.com

Comment

thanks for the information

Best regards
      uwe

Comment

The only one is to make the resolution of 1:1 and after rendering you cut the wrong half in PS. But it needs the double rendertime...and so it is also for nothing... It is annoying after omore than a year no 360° Rendering with GPU and no sphericle panoramas in general... With Vantage I saw it is possible. But is it possible a good rendering with a complex scene? Possibly it is not so easy. I have no experiance...

Comment

Also with new update 5.201 no rendering for spherical panorama with gpu and no rendering for spherical panorama in general! What can I do? In the moment I work with vray 3.7 just because of this problem. I have no more hope at the moment for a update withe this options in the next month. Wich software make this? Exists a practiible workaround? The scenes are usually complex, indoor and outdoor. The panoramas are the result by the client after manyweeks or month of work.. Thanks for a Help!
          Best Regards andreas
          Last edited by andreas_hummel; 11-02-2022, 04:28 AM.

Comment

Hello andreas_hummel,

I understand your frustration. This issue is reported in our system with higher priority and I will let you know as soon as we have any updates. However, I am afraid that I cannot provide any specific timeframe for when it will be fixed.

Currently, the 360 spherical renders only render correctly when rendering with V-Ray CPU.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.
            Aleksandar Kasabov
            chaos.com

Comment

Thanks @ Aleksandar. One Question: Is this workaround the same like stereo spherical rendering with vray 3.7.: two spherical renderings with eye distance from 6,5 cm, combine this after rendering in PS, left eye = top, right = below or produces this an incorrect result? I can not test this, because I have no virtual reality glasses like Okulus etc etc.

Comment

Hello andreas_hummel,

You can check the workaround that Yunal mentioned in this forum post.

Also, keep in mind that adding support for Stereoscopic rendering is on our to-do list and will be implemented in the future. It is also listed in the Planned features list in this thread. I will let you know once we have more information. Thanks.
                Aleksandar Kasabov
                chaos.com

Comment

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if there are any news regarding 360° renderings in vray with GPU (Spherical Camera). I would like to render some animations in 360° and it would be a lot quicker to do it in GPU.

All the best and a happy new year
                  Uwe​

Hallo zusammen,

Ich habe mich gefragt, ob es irgendwelche Neuigkeiten bezüglich 360°-Renderings in Vray mit GPU gibt (Spherical Camera). Ich würde gerne einige Animationen in 360° rendern und es wäre viel schneller, es mit GPU zu machen.

Alles Gute und ein frohes neues Jahr
                  Uwe​

Comment

Hello pardalis,

This bug is no longer reproducible when testing with the latest hotfix. You can download and install it from here. Thanks.
                    Aleksandar Kasabov
                    chaos.com

Comment

It works without any problems. Thanks for the info and the hotfix.

Best regards
                      Uwe

Es funktioniert ohne Probleme. Danke für die Info und den Hotfix

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
                      Uwe​

Comment

Hello andreas_hummel,

As I already mentioned here, with the release of V-Ray 6 for Cinema4D, Update 2, we have now added support for stereoscopic rendering. You can find more information about it here. The builds can be downloaded from here. Thanks!
                        Aleksandar Kasabov
                        chaos.com

Comment

Working...
                        X