X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (OPEN) [VC4D-1981] Unwanted Offset with Vray Scatter, when rendering

Hello,
    I am using the vray scatter with an object with a (sphere) invisible light in it, along a spline.
    In the interactive VFB everything is fine, but when I do a Rendering, the objects get a strange offset. In my case all are getting the same +Y offset, except the lights.
    The sphere lights are at right position, where they supposed to be.

When I stop and try again, maybe every 10th rendering is correct…

I tried to use the Cinema cloner and honestly I had the same issue when set to Multi Instances. With instances, it works correct.

Any Idea how to get it to work with vray scatter; or have someone experienced the same?​

Thanks

Edit: Windows 11 / latest cinema4d / latest nightly build vray
    Last edited by viktor_angelov; 19-09-2023, 01:18 AM.
  • Answer selected by viktor_angelov at 19-09-2023, 01:18 AM.

Hello haniel1107

Thank you for your patience!

I was unable to reproduce the issue which was making our investigation process difficult. Today I managed to replicate, record and log it in our system [VC4D-1981]. We will contact you if it's further developed.

Comment

Hi haniel1107

Could you send us the scene so we can investigate further? You can do that by posting it here or by Submitting a request to our system.

Does it reproduce in a simple scene as well or just in this specific one with that specific geometry?

Comment

Hello viktor_angelov,

yes, it happens also with simple scenes and I must change what I wrote. It happens also with interactive, not only at rendering..

I made a simple scene to reproduce it and a short video to demonstrate...

In this scene is a cinema cloner and a vray scatter behind.. (the line with the higher frequency of lights)

When you try the scene and everything is working well, please save and and press interactive again.. and repeat..

Vray scatter reacts randomly, cloner always an offset with multi instances

Hope you can reproduce it..

Thanks!

Video:
        https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/1nvsf...9rrhj65cg&dl=0

Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

just like to ask, if you had the chance to reproduce it or checking it...?
          Thanks

Comment

Hello haniel1107

We managed to reproduce it. Have you tried adjusting the Y Axis of the Light 2 Rectangle object downwards to bring all of the geometry on the floor level?

Also, what Cinema 4D and V-Ray for Cinema are you using?

Comment

Hello viktor_angelov, no havn't tried it, but I can.

But the lights are staying at the right position, the Polygon object were moving up.

I am using the latest nightly builf of Vray 6.1 and the latest C4D on windows.

Thanks..

Comment

Thanks for letting me know. I am investigating the scene and will come back to you when more information is available.

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

Hello haniel1107

I wanted to check if the situation is still the same.

It stopped reproducing couple of days ago and no matter what I do, the scene works just fine on our machines: http://ftp.chaosgroup.com/support/sc...1_11-50-53.mp4

Comment

hello viktor_angelov, yes the problem is still there. I've modified the scene and recorded a new video for you to make it better to see...

Hope this helps..

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/ctbik...he8r8vwol&dl=0

Attached Files

Comment

haniel1107 Improvements in the matter were made lately and the implementations are in the latest Stable Builds. Please, install it and see if the issue disappears: https://nightlies.chaos.com/main#/vray6c4d/stable/6.1

Please, test it and let us know if the issue disappears.

Comment

Hi viktor_angelov , no nothing changed. The Issue is still there. I am wondering, why nothing was written about it in the read me of the nightly builds, when fixing the scatter.
                          Could you reproduce the issue with my file or a random file, as this is a stable bug...?
                          Thanks...

Comment

Hello haniel1107

Thank you for your patience!

I was unable to reproduce the issue which was making our investigation process difficult. Today I managed to replicate, record and log it in our system [VC4D-1981]. We will contact you if it's further developed.

Comment

Working...
                            X