Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [OPEN] [VC4D-2013] Velocity Pass Rendering Strange Shapes

Hi all,

I'm rendering a velocity pass on some basic moving geometry and it's creating really strange results. See the screenshots below. Can anyone advise me on what's causing this?

Click image for larger version  Name:	Velocity01.jpg Views:	42 Size:	181.4 KB ID:	1193152Click image for larger version  Name:	Velocity02.jpg Views:	32 Size:	127.7 KB ID:	1193153

The visual errors remind me of z-fighting, but the geometry doesn't appear to have any overlapping polygons. The errors also appear in different places each time you render the same frame. The two images above are the same frame rendered twice without any changes.

The geometry itself is created with a Tube object inside a Cloner with a Random effector applied. Attributes of the tube are animated over time to change its shape.

Click image for larger version  Name:	ObjectGeo.jpg Views:	32 Size:	106.4 KB ID:	1193154

The Velocity render element is set with Clamping off.

Click image for larger version  Name:	VelocityElement.jpg Views:	32 Size:	26.5 KB ID:	1193155

A copy of the C4D scene is attached as well.

Thanks for any assistance!

Jeff

Attached Files
    Last edited by viktor_angelov; 18-10-2023, 03:42 AM.

Hi jeffrey_krigstein​,

It appears that the strange rendering output occurs when animated height changes are applied to the primitive objects (the tubes in your scene). This problem occurs only when rending with GPU RTX mode and this is escalated to our Dev team for further investigation (VC4D-2013).

In the meantime, as a workaround you can switch to GPU CUDA mode if you prefer to render with V-Ray GPU or to render your scene with CPU.

Comment

Thank you so much for the workaround zhanet.georgieva! I really appreciate the quick support.

(Thanks for flagging it with the dev team also.)

Comment

Working...
      X