Alembic in Proxy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alembic in Proxy

We encountered the problem - maybe a bug - that we cant use Alembic files in V-Ray Proxy objects if they are not stored locally. Seems to be a link problem.

Hi christian_schneider1, can you share a bit more details on your setup? Are the alembic files on a shared server, or you are trying to use them when rendering via Distributed Rendering? Can you share the exact path used in the Proxy objects? What versions of V-Ray and Cinema 4D are you using?
    Deyan Hadzhiev
    Developer
    chaos.com

Comment

The V-Ray Log error message is "Could not load mesh files) Error : -2 path is empty (could copy the text seems to be forbidden)
      The Server is a shared server mounted as Z. The alembic doesnt show at all unless the path is local.
      Setup is V-Ray 6.20.02, C4D 2024.4.0, Windows 11 machine Intel i9-13900k, 2xRTX 4090, 64gbs of Ram

Locally I can render the alembic in proxy - and see it depending how the scene was structured before creating the .abc file.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Proxy Alembic.png
Views:	223
Size:	696.6 KB
ID:	1207357
      Last edited by christian_schneider1; 25-04-2024, 07:25 AM.

Comment

Hello christian_schneider1​,

We couldn't replicate the issue. To investigate further, could you provide some details:
        • Which platform were the alembic files originally exported from?
        • Are you encountering problems with other assets (like textures) from the same shared server?
        • Are the paths used when loading the .abc files relative paths?
        • Does the issue persist when loading .vrmesh files in the V-Ray Proxy ?
        • Are you using Distributed Rendering?
        • Please share the complete log file for further analysis.
        Thank you.​

Comment

Sure thing zhanet.georgieva,
          • Which platform were the alembic files originally exported from?​
          I exported the alembic f-i-l-e [Why do I get a Error 403 if I try to write file after alembic?? ] (single file) from Cinema4D after creating a mesh volume (openVDBmesher) from particles using X-Particles.
          • Are you encountering problems with other assets (like textures) from the same shared server?​
          No I dont encounter any problems with other assets from the shared server.

• Are the paths used when loading the .abc files relative paths?​
          No I have been using absolute file paths.

• Does the issue persist when loading .vrmesh files in the V-Ray Proxy ?​
          No the issue does not persist when loading .vrmesh files - we store all chaos cloud files on the shared server too.

• Are you using Distributed Rendering?​
          I intend to use distributed rendering but did not when encountering the error.

• Please share the complete log file for further analysis.​
          Sure -
          [14:52:49.744] V-Ray Frame Buffer message log initialized

[14:54:18.665] Bitmap manager created.

[14:54:18.672] Setting number of rendering threads to 31.

[14:54:18.672] GI engines: 'Brute force' and 'Brute force'

[14:54:18.672] Reducing shading rate from 6 to 2 for interactive rendering

[14:54:18.673] Preparing renderer...

[14:54:19.042] Using per-pixel filtering for IPR.

[14:54:19.045] Preparing scene for rendering... (0.0%)

[14:54:19.045] Tiled texture cache set to 4096 MB

[14:54:19.046] Preparing scene for rendering... (finished in [0h 0m 0.0s]) (100.0%)

[14:54:19.046] Light tree is enabled with clamp coefficient 0.1 and even split coefficient 1.

[14:54:19.055] Using lowest thread priority.

[14:54:19.489] Max ray intensity is enabled: rendered result may have incorrect brightness.

[14:54:19.490] Consistent lighting elements are enabled.

[14:54:19.490] Disabling info and debug messages for IPR.

[14:54:19.490] Log dump enabled for warnings and errors only

[14:54:19.494] Warning : Could not load mesh files "Z:\04 Transfer\Test\FlowFluidSim\a-l-e-m-b-i-c\Fluid2.abc"! [IT Word for problem {Thanks again for Error403}]: "[AlembicMeshFile::init()] -2: File "Z:\04 Transfer\Test\FlowFluidSim\alembic\Fluid2.abc" is empty!"

​​

Comment

Hey christian_schneider1​, can you share the alembic file?

Comment

Yes zhanet.georgieva.

You can get it via wetransfer here.​

Comment

Working...
              X