No announcement yet.

Alpha channel to stick with the assigned Material tag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmm... is there no way to add support for tiling for stacked Texture Tags?
    To have tiling in the stacked Texture Tag (a tiled decal) is not an uncommon usage case, is it?
    Shouldn't Vray5 be able to reproduce what is possible in C4D?
    Last edited by index; 15-04-2021, 08:22 AM.

Comment

Just reporting that rendering of many interpenetrating materials seems to works correctly in the April 16 release.

Unfortunately, displaying them in the viewport is still incorrect.

Click image for larger version  Name:	1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	268.2 KB ID:	1111122

Comment

We will be adding a slight improvement to the viewport preview of V-Ray materials, but as I mentioned before - achieving totally matching results requires a lot of effort and may not even be possible for non V-Ray materials. We will try to improve the preview in the future, but it is not our priority right now.
        Deyan Hadzhiev
        Developer
        chaos.com

Comment

Originally posted by deyan.hadzhiev View Post
          We will be adding a slight improvement to the viewport preview of V-Ray materials, but as I mentioned before - achieving totally matching results requires a lot of effort and may not even be possible for non V-Ray materials. We will try to improve the preview in the future, but it is not our priority right now.
          It's not about 100% accuracy, but at least that the colors match.
          In my opinion, the correct display in a viewport should be given priority. And so that at least the transparency was visible, and not black.
          So what if there are new functions, since you can not see what is being created in the viewport anyway. Mainly it is about displaying transparency and metals.

Comment

Working...
          X