Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Material Converter

Hello

When does the material converter for C4D materials come to Vray materials?
    I work with Vectorworks and I have to convert all my materials by hand or with the old 3.7 version I know that C4D materials are supported but I also use Vantage and it would be great if I only used Vray materials.
    The reflections and the bump channel do not produce the same results in C4D and Vray material.
    If the geometry is changed in Vectorworks, I do a new handover because new C4D materials are then created which I can then only convert by hand, very time-consuming.
    As you can see, this is not an optimal workflow!
    And I think all other users would be very happy if a material converter came out and you don't have to work with two versions.

Thanks very much!

Dear Wohnraumdesign,

Adding a converter for native Cinema4D materials is on our to-do list and will be implemented in the future. However, currently, I cannot provide any specific timeframe for that. I will let you know once we have more information to share. Thanks.
    Aleksandar Kasabov
    chaos.com

Comment

I know that you had to completely rewrite the software. I am also very satisfied with Vray 5. When Vray 5 came out, I asked for it and it said it was on your top to do list and that’s three quarters of a year has already passed?
      I know you did a good job, but this feature would make my workflow a lot easier
      Last edited by Wohnraumdesign; 31-08-2021, 12:36 AM.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback. This has been discussed before here on the forum but we cannot provide a specific timeframe for when it will be implemented. I will update this thread once we have updates on the matter. You can also keep an eye on this topic where we regularly update what is on the roadmap for planned features.
        Aleksandar Kasabov
        chaos.com

Comment

Hello

What's the situation with c4d material converter? It's sometimes a really needed function, especially for imported scenes in .fbx or other formats, which translate into c4d materials.
          www.rwvision.com.pl

Comment

Would also love to hear any progress on this..
            Even a converter as good as in 3.7 would be ok for the beginning. It would avoid the annoying workaround through another C4D copy with 3.7 installed .. ..

Comment

We're currently working on a unified converter that would be able to convert Cinema 4D materials to to V-Ray materials and from classic to node materials. There are a few problems that we still need to solve like baking unsupported shaders during conversion to node materials and so on but still... we're working on it and will be delivered soon. I would like to give a timeframe but it's not possible for now since the convertor isn't just a simple mapping of parameters from one material to the other. We want it to be more than that.
              Ivan Shaykov
              chaos.com

Comment

Originally posted by shaio View Post
                We're currently working on a unified converter that would be able to convert Cinema 4D materials to to V-Ray materials and from classic to node materials. There are a few problems that we still need to solve like baking unsupported shaders during conversion to node materials and so on but still... we're working on it and will be delivered soon. I would like to give a timeframe but it's not possible for now since the convertor isn't just a simple mapping of parameters from one material to the other. We want it to be more than that.
                Sounds really good... looking forward... thanks..

Comment

Working...
                X