Vray Update 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray Update 2

I was really looking forward to the new update and I thought there will be a Cinema 4D to Vray material converter after a year ?
    I also had to establish that when transferring to Vantage no object groupings were transferred yet. I would urgently need the transfer in order to show and hide grouped objects that I have assigned in Cinema 4D in Vantage with one click during presentations?
    The mapping variants, except for UVW mapping, are still not transferred to Vantage, according to Vantage, it only depends on the Cinema 4D vr.scenen export?
    The camera clipper is also not passed in Vantage?
    Have a vr.scene imported into Cinema Vray 5.2 but the result was not useful, have I did something wrong a video would not be bad because of the functionality of the vr.scenen import.

Thanks very much!
    Last edited by Wohnraumdesign; 08-12-2021, 10:57 PM.

Hello Wohnraumdesign

I thought there will be a Cinema 4D to Vray material converter
    Sorry to say, this is not yet available. There is a feature request for a Cinema 4D Material/scene converter tool (Internal ID number: VC4D-819). I have added this forum thread to the list. You will be notified once this feature has been implemented.

Vantage does not import grouped objects from V-Ray for Cinema 4D at the moment. This is a known issue (Issue number: VC4D-1166) I have added this forum thread to the list. You will be notified when the issue has been resolved.

I would recommend using the Live link feature that comes with V-Ray 5 Update 2. Please see this video. Will that help with your presentations?

Different mapping variants are still not supported in Vantage with Cinema 4D .vrscene files. This is also a known issue (internal ID number: VC4D-1193). I have added this forum thread to the list. You will be notified when the issue has been resolved.

The far and near clipping is exported to the .vrscene and it is read correctly when opening a .vrscene file with Chaos Vantage. Please see the following video. This also works via the live link feature.

You can check the supported .vrscene features exported from V-Ray for Cinema 4D at the following article: https://docs.chaos.com/display/LAV/Cinema+4D

The .vrscene import allows you to render scenes that have been created with V-Ray for other host applications. The .vrscene is a packed scene and isn’t intended as a method to transfer geometry and scenes that will be further edited. You can make the vrscene object editable, but that will cause it to lose all materials and lighting. Please check the following video.

Could you please let me know what functionality were you expecting from the .vrscene import?
    Valentin Leondiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Thank you very much!

Comment

Working...
      X