Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some enhancements for the V-Ray materials

These would be some of my wishes for the V-Ray material system
    • A possibility to temporarily deactivate the material preview per material (without having to wait for all materials to recalculate when using the global option in the preferences) And while I'm on it: Is it really necessary that the preview recalculates each time you just select or rename a material?
    • I definetively plead for a Self Illumination Color Multiplier for the V-Ray Material.
    • This has been discussed for quite a while: It would be so great if normal maps would finally work in the expected way with VRayTriplanar on the one hand and also with texture projection methods other than UV. To be honest, I don't understand why this is so hard to fix.
    • A Locate Image button for the VRayBitmap (like the one in the C4D Bitmap) to open the corresponding folder in the Explorer / Finder would be great. I remember that this was discussed (and announced?) somewhere earlier.
    • And I desperately miss the global material override option from 3.x, ideally with the possibility to exclude certain parameters like reflection, refraction or bump (isn't this a feature that has already been integrated in the Max version?).
    V-Ray 6 beta is really stunning! Thanks, Chaos Group!​

Hello greymiura,

I apologize for the delayed reply.

Thank you for your extensive feedback! We are definitely going to take it into consideration.

A possibility to temporarily deactivate the material preview per material (without having to wait for all materials to recalculate when using the global option in the preferences) And while I'm on it: Is it really necessary that the preview recalculates each time you just select or rename a material?
    I added such a request to our internal system (request ID: VC4D-1559). I will keep you updated on its progress.

I definetively plead for a Self Illumination Color Multiplier for the V-Ray Material.
    This has already been requested before and it is logged in our system (request ID: VC4D-1383). You can check the discussion here.

This has been discussed for quite a while: It would be so great if normal maps would finally work in the expected way with VRayTriplanar on the one hand and also with texture projection methods other than UV. To be honest, I don't understand why this is so hard to fix.
    You are correct, this has been discussed here on the forum before and it is reported to our developers for fixing (bug ID: VC4D-1300). I will let you know once we have any updates.

A Locate Image button for the VRayBitmap (like the one in the C4D Bitmap) to open the corresponding folder in the Explorer / Finder would be great. I remember that this was discussed (and announced?) somewhere earlier.
    We had a similar request before but I have added yours as well (request ID: VC4D-1560). I will let you know once we have more information.

And I desperately miss the global material override option from 3.x, ideally with the possibility to exclude certain parameters like reflection, refraction or bump (isn't this a feature that has already been integrated in the Max version?).

To override the materials, simply enable the Material Override in the Cinema4D settings and add a material. You can then exclude materials. Please check this screenshot.
    Aleksandar Kasabov
    chaos.com

Comment

Dear aleksandar.kasabov,

please excuse my redundant requests and thank you so much for your kind and detailed reply! And even more so for your hint at the C4D Material Override option - two years of longing and I didn't even consider that this could work within V-Ray

Comment

Working...
      X