Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

V-Ray Material has as no Self-Illumination Multiplier / Light Material / Mesh Light -- Vray 5.20.05 / Update 2.5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-Ray Material has as no Self-Illumination Multiplier / Light Material / Mesh Light -- Vray 5.20.05 / Update 2.5

Hi,

I'm evaluating things with Vray 5 and on trying to re-create some old materials
    I saw that Self-Illumination has no multiplier, you can not create a self illumination > 100%
    The old V-Rays adv and std materials had this and I think also other implementations allow it, so i guess this is a bug?
    I have materials with mixed diffuse / transparency / luminance and its not possible to reproduce them with a light material alone and needing two materials for this is a bad solution.

Also the Light Material is unclear to me... is it really a direct light or just self-illumination ?
    There is no Intensity or Units like in a regular light, so you cant set it up with exact values.
    Btw the Color Multiplier Texture seems unneeded.. couldn't you do the same just using the Light Color Texture?

Finally Mesh Lights are missing completely. (with surface calculation / having Intensity and Units)

I hope these Issues can get implemented soon, some things are not possible without this !

best Index
    Last edited by index; 15-06-2022, 12:16 AM.

Originally posted by index View Post
    Hi,
    I hope these Issues plus Mesh Lights (with surface calculation / having Intensity and Units) can get implemented soon,
    some things are not possible without this.
    +1
    this should be a priority.
    You can get many things done using self illumination and light material, but a real area light mesh with proper sampling is indispensable for some stuff.
    3D Scenes, Shaders and Courses for V-ray and Corona
    NEW V-Ray 5 Metal Shader Bundle (C4D/Max): https://www.3dtutorialandbeyond.com/...ders-cinema4d/
    www.3dtutorialandbeyond.com
    @3drenderandbeyond on social media @3DRnB Twitter

Comment

Hello index,

Thank you for your feedback.

I'm evaluating things with Vray 5 and on trying to re-create some old materials
      I saw that Self-Illumination has no multiplier, you can not create a self illumination > 100%
      The old V-Rays adv and std materials had this and I think also on other implementations it is possible to multiply the self-illum to > 100%, so i guess this is a bug?
      I have materials with mixed diffuse / transparency / luminance and its not possible to reproduce them with a light material alone and needing two materials for this is a bad solution.
      I have added a request for adding a multiplier for the self-illumination in the V-Ray material (request ID: VC4D-1383).

Also the Light Material is unclear to me... is it really a direct light or just self-illumination ?
      There is no Intensity or Units like in a regular light, so you cant set it up with exact values.
      Btw the Color Multiplier Texture seems unneeded.. couldn't you do the same just using the Light Color Texture?
      The direct illumination optimization for the Light material has not yet been implemented. This has previously been requested (ID: VC4D-696) and it is on our to-do list.

Finally Mesh Lights are missing completely. (with surface calculation / having Intensity and Units)
      The mesh light is also on our to-do list (with higher priority) and will be implemented in the future (request ID: VC4D-1245).

I will let you know when we have any updates on the requests above.

Thank you.
      Aleksandar Kasabov
      chaos.com

Comment

Hello index,

As I already mentioned here, recently we added the V-Ray Mesh light in the stable builds of V-Ray 5 for Cinema4D. You can download the latest builds from here.

The V-Ray Mesh light is also part of the list of new features that come with V-Ray 6 for Cinema4D Beta. You can find more information about the beta release here.

You can also find more information about the V-Ray Mesh light on our docs page here.
        Aleksandar Kasabov
        chaos.com

Comment

Originally posted by aleksandar.kasabov View Post
          Hello index,

As I already mentioned here, recently we added the V-Ray Mesh light in the stable builds of V-Ray 5 for Cinema4D. You can download the latest builds from here.

The V-Ray Mesh light is also part of the list of new features that come with V-Ray 6 for Cinema4D Beta. You can find more information about the beta release here.

You can also find more information about the V-Ray Mesh light on our docs page here.
          Hi Aleksandar,
          the mesh light work very well and I’m already use it in production. Right now when we use lightmix the mesh is part of the self illumination, in my opinion it would be more useful to have by default the mesh light as a separate light source.
          NEW V-Ray 5 Metal Shader Bundle (C4D/Max): https://www.3dtutorialandbeyond.com/...ders-cinema4d/

Comment

Hi sirio76, the mesh light appearing in the wrong light mix category (and also not working with LightSelect at all) was a problem on our side that has been fixed in the last beta build here. We also fixed the include/exclude lists not working. The fix is coming soon to stable/5.2 as well.
            Deyan Hadzhiev
            Developer
            chaos.com

Comment

Originally posted by deyan.hadzhiev View Post
              Hi sirio76, the mesh light appearing in the wrong light mix category (and also not working with LightSelect at all) was a problem on our side that has been fixed in the last beta build here. We also fixed the include/exclude lists not working. The fix is coming soon to stable/5.2 as well.
              Super, thanks a lot!

Comment

Working...
              X