Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray displacement

Hi,

it would be great if the displacenment could bet set in the node editor instead of an object property. It would allow us more flexibility and blend several displacements together using the VrayBlendMtl

thanks

You can blend as many displacement maps as you want using both Vray layered shader and native C4D layer shader. I agree there's room for improvements though
    3D Scenes, Shaders and Courses for V-ray and Corona
    NEW V-Ray 5 Metal Shader Bundle (C4D/Max): https://www.3dtutorialandbeyond.com/...ders-cinema4d/
    www.3dtutorialandbeyond.com
    @3drenderandbeyond on social media @3DRnB Twitter

Comment

i wished overall displacement was a material attribute, that can be also saved in material libs. i understand the technical logic from current system, but from work flow i feel it should be part of the material not an extra tag. al leats optional.

Comment

Hello stefan_laub1,

This topic has already been discussed here. The main reason why the displacement is in a tag and not in a material is to preserve compatibility and interoperability between V-Ray integrations.
        Aleksandar Kasabov
        chaos.com

Comment

yes i am aware of this, also that it probably wont happen. pls just ignore my wish (it was of course meant for all v-rays maybe in far future)

Comment

Hey everybody,
            we were avoiding adding the displacement only for the classic materials because of compatibility reasons as it was already stated by Alex. However, for the node materials we handle things a bit differently and there is a possibility of adding it. We're looking for a good solution to implement it as an option to the end node of the material which would make possible the use of node shaders for displacement.​
            Ivan Shaykov
            chaos.com

Comment

I'm happy with the geometry tag solution. My only wish would be to have an option to wire up, or link node material output to the displacement.

Comment

Originally posted by akos_kiss View Post
                I'm happy with the geometry tag solution. My only wish would be to have an option to wire up, or link node material output to the displacement.
                This is the way I always thought it would work.

Comment

Working...
                X