Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saving render elements in different format

Hello,

I often render 16-32bit animations and to avoid .png saving delay I use .tif format. That makes a big problem, because each render element saves in the same format and takes A LOT of space.

The render element masks are mostly needed in 8bit, so ideally we should choose to export them in different format - same as base c4d saving system does.

Could we please have that also through vfb? Any workaround for that?
    ​

It is also annoying that single object id pass, saves 3 different layers, where I need only 1 - time to delete them and disk space.

Thanks
    Rafal
    www.rwvision.com.pl

Hey

aleksandar.kasabov - Would that be possible?
    www.rwvision.com.pl

Comment

Hello RwVision,

Apologies for the delayed reply.

I have added a request for this (request ID: VC4D-1788 ) in our internal system and I will keep you updated if we have any progress on it.

The workaround, as you mentioned it, would be to use the native Cinema4D system for that purpose. Thanks.
      Aleksandar Kasabov
      chaos.com

Comment

Hey aleksandar.kasabov

Could we at least have the option to choose which layer of object id pass to generate?
        Right now it always generates 3 layers - object, alpha, filter. With multiple id's in animation this is very hard to handle. We always use just the filter.
        www.rwvision.com.pl

Comment

Originally posted by RwVision View Post

The render element masks are mostly needed in 8bit, so ideally we should choose to export them in different format - same as base c4d saving system
          yes this would be great…

Comment

Hello,

Originally posted by RwVision View Post
            Hey aleksandar.kasabov

Could we at least have the option to choose which layer of object id pass to generate?
            Right now it always generates 3 layers - object, alpha, filter. With multiple id's in animation this is very hard to handle. We always use just the filter.
            I have added such a request in our system (request ID: VC4D-1802) and I will let you know if we have more information on the matter. Thanks.
            Aleksandar Kasabov
            chaos.com

Comment

Hello aleksandar.kasabov

Any news on this?
              www.rwvision.com.pl

Comment

Hello RwVision The matter has not been implemented yet.

Comment

RwVision I know this isn't a perfect solution but lately we were testing a program for similar reasons. A program called EXR_Compression Currently we are trying to figure out a way to integrate into our pipeline (its windows only) So far it looks great, but it's an extra step non the less. it has much needed features that we would use a lot to speed up handling files in post-prod.

Comment

Working...
                  X