VRay Scatter: Edge trimming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VRay Scatter: Edge trimming

Hi! Vray Scatter is great fun to work with. Compared to the 3ds Max version there are some features missing in Cinema 4D, which would speed up daily work in archviz projects. Will you implement for example the "edge trimming"-functionality in Vray Scatter for Cinema 4D? This would be so useful! Thanks!

Hello Shahyn

Thank you for your interest! We have the V-Ray Scatter Edge Trimming in our plans. It will be announced here: https://forums.chaos.com/forum/v-ray...-announcements. However, I will post under this tread as well once it is available.

Comment

Hi Viktor! Thank you! It is good to hear that this feature will be available for C4D-users too!

Comment

P.S.: Still experimenting with Chaos Scatter... Is it somehow possible to control the scatter areas via simple polygon selections or vertex maps?

Comment

Hello Shahyn

What you can currently do is use texture maps, different modes and adjustment settings as well as Splines. More information about the available workflows you can find here: https://docs.chaos.com/display/VC4D/Chaos+Scatter

The proposed workflows with Polygon Selections and Vertex Maps is currently unavailable. However, I have logged it in our system (VC4D-1885) and we will be discussing it internally.

Could you please give us more information / examples on how will this be helpful for your work? We would like to know exactly what you are looking for.

Comment

Great! Thanks so much for including this feature in your to-do list! I mainly use polygon selections and vertex maps in Archviz projects to mark areas of a plane and assign these selections in a clone object to distribute certain plants (mainly grass patches) on this specific surface area. With these selections, it is easy to select the edge of a grass plane to distribute smaller patches of grass there and use larger patches for the inner area of the meadow only.
            If there were the edge trimming feature in Chaos Scatter for C4D, I could use this option to create clean and straight grass edges.

Comment

Originally posted by Shahyn View Post
              Great! Thanks so much for including this feature in your to-do list! I mainly use polygon selections and vertex maps in Archviz projects to mark areas of a plane and assign these selections in a clone object to distribute certain plants (mainly grass patches) on this specific surface area. With these selections, it is easy to select the edge of a grass plane to distribute smaller patches of grass there and use larger patches for the inner area of the meadow only.
              If there were the edge trimming feature in Chaos Scatter for C4D, I could use this option to create clean and straight grass edges.
              You should be able to use Vray clipper to cut out unneeded parts.
              3D Scenes, Shaders and Courses for V-ray and Corona
              NEW V-Ray 5 Metal Shader Bundle (C4D/Max): https://www.3dtutorialandbeyond.com/...ders-cinema4d/
              www.3dtutorialandbeyond.com
              @3drenderandbeyond on social media @3DRnB Twitter

Comment

viktor_angelov

Hi Victor, polygon selection are indeed very useful, they are also faster to generate compared to adding a spline or creating a texture map to isolate the clone position. Another benefit is that C4D users are already accustomed to polygon selection because they have used this tool for many years with both standard C4D cloner and scattering plug-in like Surface Spread and other.
                3D Scenes, Shaders and Courses for V-ray and Corona
                NEW V-Ray 5 Metal Shader Bundle (C4D/Max): https://www.3dtutorialandbeyond.com/...ders-cinema4d/
                www.3dtutorialandbeyond.com
                @3drenderandbeyond on social media @3DRnB Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by sirio76 View Post

You should be able to use Vray clipper to cut out unneeded parts.
                  Hi Sirio! Thank you for your help!
                  Last edited by Shahyn; 22-06-2023, 02:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shahyn View Post

Hi Sirio! Thank you for your help!
                    Hey

Can you confirm successfully using vray clipper on vray scatter?

Edge trimming btw would be useful + polygon selections. Just testing scatter on exterior and missing these
                    www.rwvision.com.pl

Comment

Hey guys
                      picking this post to give some more suggestions... in fact the vertex map or polygon selection is a must, because you can paint in "real time" or adjust areas by simply select polygons or vertex maps.
                      other think that I want to ask is if there are any way to add some how like a Light lister but applied to Chaos Scatter, specially to enable or disable certain chaos scatter.
                      thanks
                      nuno

Comment

Any updates on adding the edge trimming feature for 2024?

Comment

Originally posted by nunomatos View Post
                          Hey guys
                          picking this post to give some more suggestions... in fact the vertex map or polygon selection is a must, because you can paint in "real time" or adjust areas by simply select polygons or vertex maps.
                          other think that I want to ask is if there are any way to add some how like a Light lister but applied to Chaos Scatter, specially to enable or disable certain chaos scatter.
                          thanks
                          nuno
                          A +1 from our team on the vertex map feature. It would be really useful! the scatter lister would be great also. Although i think the vertex map/ paint function is a better improvement overall.

Comment

Thank you for the interest. We have noted it THSCreative akos_kiss We are currently unable to share any information regarding future updates and implementations.

Comment

Working...
                            X