Frame per Node with Distributed Renedering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frame per Node with Distributed Renedering

I know, not the first time you read this.. the option frame per Node rendering with DR, like with C4D Team Rendering with the same power of bucket rendering in Solo Rendering mode with the VFB.... would be a great thing... I believe...

Hi haniel1107​, I will share your suggestion with our Development team.

Comment

I second that greatly
      www.rwvision.com.pl

Comment

You can set up the c4d team render clients and use the team render function to render each frame on a different computer. We use this solution with the v-ray output system and it works great. Imho if vray support the team rendering solution fully, than its a solid solution.

Comment

Originally posted by akos_kiss View Post
          You can set up the c4d team render clients and use the team render function to render each frame on a different computer. We use this solution with the v-ray output system and it works great. Imho if vray support the team rendering solution fully, than its a solid solution.
          Yes indeed, team render with vray works well! But I am using the picture viewer, how does it work with vray output system? I will try it... But I think DR with frame per node maybe work smoother and faster... and needn't to take care about plugins on nodes... I guess so..?

Comment

Originally posted by akos_kiss View Post
            Does it work with 1 vray license + 2 render nodes only? How does the vfb and Vray output save all files, same as normally?
            www.rwvision.com.pl

Comment

you can use the team render to picture viewer function. With the plugins you bring up an interesting question. I don't think vray convert everything on the fly and in the past you've had to export the scene as a vrscene so that you could render it with only v-ray standalone. With the c4d subscription you get 5 team render clients. and most of the plugins have render only modes (like insydium xparticles) where you can use as many render nodes as you want with a single license just not with gui. In my experience the vrscene export can be pretty slow if your scene is complex, so it would be a big performance hit with per frame DR. You could prob. achieve a similar result with baking the scene down to an alembic and rendering it that way. but TBH i have no idea what happens under the hood with v-ray DR

Comment

I have three nodes and needed 3 extra node licenses, even with team rendering. When you render with DR, you don´t need to install C4D client or plugins on the node PC, With team Render you need to install the plugins. Most plugins support team rendering without extra charge, but it is always an effort to keep everything up to date or same version.
                It it sometimes really annoying to find a reason, why team render nodes break up rendering.

When you render an animation, actual it is much faster to render in bucket mode with team render. With DR you have these unfinishing buckets. Vray solved this only for rendering in bucket mode on your working machine alone, not via DR.
                But on the other way, I think DR is more stable... especially with complex scenes...

Comment

I don't need team render, just my Vray render nodes to render frame per node to not loose precious time on LC calculations, and export everything exactly as vfb.

I think the team render solution isn't any profit here.
                  www.rwvision.com.pl

Comment

Working...
                  X