Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vray Cellular shader in standard material or possibility to use node shaders for displacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray Cellular shader in standard material or possibility to use node shaders for displacement

I'm playing with a foam shader, I'm using C4D native noise for displacement but ideally I would prefer to use Vray cellular shader, unfortunately this is only available in the nodal editor.

It would be useful to have the cellular shader available in the standard editor or even better to have the chance to load nodal shaders maps inside the geometry tag texture slot.

3D Scenes, Shaders and Courses for V-ray and Corona
    NEW V-Ray 5 Metal Shader Bundle (C4D/Max): https://www.3dtutorialandbeyond.com/...ders-cinema4d/
    www.3dtutorialandbeyond.com
    @3drenderandbeyond on social media @3DRnB Twitter

Hey sirio76, unfortunately the Cellular shader is not exposed in the classic materials, but we may consider exposing it in the future.

However, you can still use it, although it is not a convenient workflow. You can either:
    1. Create a node material (with a cellular node) and convert it to a classic material from the material converter. Then you can copy-paste the shader in the displacement tag.
    2. Create the shader directly with a python script.

We are also considering a way to reference nodes from a node material in classic shaders, but there are technical and workflow difficulties we still have to figure out, so it may not be added soon (or at all).
    Deyan Hadzhiev
    Developer
    chaos.com

Comment

Originally posted by deyan.hadzhiev View Post
      Hey sirio76, unfortunately the Cellular shader is not exposed in the classic materials, but we may consider exposing it in the future.

However, you can still use it, although it is not a convenient workflow. You can either:
      1. Create a node material (with a cellular node) and convert it to a classic material from the material converter. Then you can copy-paste the shader in the displacement tag.
      2. Create the shader directly with a python script.

We are also considering a way to reference nodes from a node material in classic shaders, but there are technical and workflow difficulties we still have to figure out, so it may not be added soon (or at all).
      Thanks Deyan, I converted to classic and copied the shader to geometry tag, works perfectly!
      3D Scenes, Shaders and Courses for V-ray and Corona
      NEW V-Ray 5 Metal Shader Bundle (C4D/Max): https://www.3dtutorialandbeyond.com/...ders-cinema4d/
      www.3dtutorialandbeyond.com
      @3drenderandbeyond on social media @3DRnB Twitter

Comment

Working...
      X