[HOU-1396] Distance texture and object display flags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [HOU-1396] Distance texture and object display flags

I`m using distance texture, and and it seems that map will not calculate when i hide(turn off the display flag) on the object to calculate the distance to. This is not the case for example in 3D Max, where distance textures still works fine when the object is hidden.
    Many times when shading enviroments i use proxy/lowres/fake geometry to calculate the distance and keep it hidden.

What are my options to hide the geo in VFH and still calculate it? I know we can set it to matte or set the invisible to all kind of stuff, but that is rather long/slow approach. Is there some other way? Possibly making it work when hidden? or maybe having a switch on mat node or something to force calculation when hidden?

Thank you!
    Last edited by psanitra; 25-11-2019, 03:47 AM.
    Noemotion.net - www.noemotion.net

Peter Sanitra - www.psanitra.com

Noemotionhdrs.net - www.noemotionhdrs.net

I know we can set it to matte or set the invisible to all kind of stuff, but that is rather long/slow approach.
    Yup, currently the way to do this is Object Properties -> Visibility -> disable all. (or a Mtl Render Stats)

I'll log it as a potential improvement to force export the Objects list.

Thanks, Peter!

PS: just noticed a couple of issues - object level transforms are ignored, and subnetworks specified in the list are not exported. Pinging you so you know we're aware.
    Last edited by Gosho.Genchev; 25-11-2019, 04:20 AM.
    gosho.genchev@chaosgroup.com

Comment

Cool, happy that you found out the other stuff too, seems like subnets are VFH kryptonite
      Noemotion.net - www.noemotion.net

Peter Sanitra - www.psanitra.com

Noemotionhdrs.net - www.noemotionhdrs.net

Comment

Working...
      X