Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Use vray user float to drive opacity by per object attribute and display in viewport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Use vray user float to drive opacity by per object attribute and display in viewport

Hi!

I use attributecreate to assign a float (0-1) onto my objects (at points). With vrayUserFloat I want to grab that attribute and drive opacity of the vray mtl with that.I also created the transparacy ogl parameter on the interface which points to the user_attribute channel of the vrayUserFloat node, like this -> ch("userFloat/user_attribute") <- .

I checked my objects, the attribute is there. But on viewport the objects are always invisible, no matter the value.

Is this the correct behaviour and it simply doesn't wokr or am I doing something wrong?
    Help appreciated.

Thank you and greetings!

Hey TubeSmokeGuy ,

ogl parameter on the interface which points to the user_attribute channel of the vrayUserFloat node
    Sadly this won't work - essentially you're asking OGL to evaluate a V-Ray node that references an attribute on your geometry. You could try the Visualize SOP to see if it will do the task for you.

Best regards!
    gosho.genchev@chaosgroup.com

Comment

Alright, thanks!

Comment

Working...
      X