No announcement yet.

Correct way to instance a VRay proxy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah same houdini scene, for me IPR works with Rayserver Instancer off but not on. So as a work around it's fine just to enable it before writing the vrscene for sending to Maya.

Just out of interest, has the back end code been changing on how instances are handled? I seen instancer2 mentioned in some of the change logs.
    www.lunaranimation.com

Comment

That's really weird, I'll try to reproduce it here.

> Just out of interest, has the back end code been changing on how instances are handled?

Instancer2 is used by default. "Rayserver Instancer" enables GeomRayserverInstancer plugin as instancing back-end.
      V-Ray For Houdini | V-Ray Hydra Delegate | VRayScene
      andrei.izrantcev@chaos.com
      Support Request

Comment

Huy guys, I am running in simmilar issues.
        I have and animated tree which I would like to copy to have a forest. The tree has 4 types of leaves each one copied to points as packed primitive. I pack the whole tree to scatter it in the scene. But when I get more then 50 trees it starts to crash.
        And when I want to export vray proxy I am getting stuck with this errors...

Comment

...And is it possible to use "Instance" context? When I try to use that nothing will render...
          EDIT: Well, it is I just did not read the reference thoroughly.
          Last edited by woytha; 26-02-2021, 06:22 AM. Reason: My stupidity :]]

Comment

Well, "Rayserver Instancer" did the job for the rendering issue Now, render is quick as hell. Sorry, I skimmed through this thread too quickly.
            However, the issues with exporting VrayProxy still persists...
            Last edited by woytha; 26-02-2021, 06:22 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X