No announcement yet.

(Fixed) [HOU-1314] Option to disable Frame Buffer properties export to VRScene

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (Fixed) [HOU-1314] Option to disable Frame Buffer properties export to VRScene

If the renderregion is enabled it will be enabled also in the image thats gets saved to disk. This could be a feature but i think mostly renderregion is for testing in the vfb. could we get a checkbox for this?

Regards Alexis
    http://goodbyekansasstudios.com/

Yes, that is true for the region, color corrections, etc. I'm not sure how we can go about doing what you've requested - fundamentally there is no difference between starting a render from the shelf, the teapot icon on the VFB and the Render to Disk button on the ROP.
    Suppose we could do as Mantra does and have separate buttons for "Render to Disk" and "Render to Frame Buffer" - in this case it would make sense to ignore the region but should we use the frame buffer settings (color corrections, LUTs, region) or should we ignore them when rendering to disk ?

Sounds perfectly reasonable if we can figure out a way to do it without causing confusing behavior. I'd love to hear your thoughts on this.

Cheers!
    gosho.genchev@chaosgroup.com

Comment

Two buttons sounds good to me. If you are a solo artist maybe they want vfb attributes but as a company we never want it. But ofcourse it would be nice to have the possibility to use renderregion but thats a small feature. To be clear when we render to disk we wanr neither renderregion, color corrections or luts.

Thanks for answering so fast! Alexis

Comment

If you are a solo artist maybe they want vfb attributes but as a company we never want it.
        Understood. If that is the case, a single button to ignore all VFB settings or 2 separate buttons to render to disk or VFB sounds reasonable

I'll add a request and come back with dev info / updates.

Best regards!

Comment

Yes thanks!

Comment

Any update on the ignore all vfb settings checkbox?

I am 99% sure its whats causing issues on our farm at the moment.

-- Erik

Comment

Hello, Erik,

an "Ignore VFB Settings" button is added to the Export tab of the Renderer node. It will only affect the export/render if the scene is rendered through batch or python - e.g. HQueue, Deadline or HBatch. Will that work for you ?

Cheers!

Comment

That will work great! Ill just add it to the vrscene generation script.

-- Erik

Comment

Working...
                X