Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cryptomatte and Deadline

Hi,

I can't seem to get Cryptomatte to work when rendering my scene with Deadline.
    When I render my scene in the VFB, the Cryptomatte shows a different ID for each packed object. This is what I want.
    When I render with Deadline, it has the same ID (default) for all the objects.

I am using Node User Attribute in the Cryptomatte render channel. You can see a screenshot of my settings
    I have a name string on my objects. You can see the spreadsheet attached.

I also have the attribute specified in "forced attributes" on the object node.
    To cover my bases, I also have it forced in the render ROP.

The objects are generated with a copy to points node. The geometry is packed.

What am I missing here?

Houdini 18.0.460
    vraystd_adv_43002_x64_vc14
    Last edited by Dubbie99; 15-06-2020, 07:46 PM.

It is preferred to use VfH as standalone when rendering on a farm, because it is highly possible fixes and features which are available in VfH nightly build to not been added to official standalone build yet.
    Georgy Chakarov | QA
    www.chaosgroup.com
    georgy.chakarov@chaosgroup.com

Comment

I understand. I didn’t realise that there was a vRay for Houdini stand-alone mode.
      does it consume workstation licenses though? Or can we use our normal render licenses to render?

Comment

Hey Dubbie99 ,

only a Render Node license is consumed when rendering VRScenes straight from the vray.exe - this holds true for all integrations. GUI licenses are only used when working inside a DCC application, e.g. Maya, Houdini, etc.

Best regards!
        gosho.genchev@chaosgroup.com

Comment

WIll the generic Max/Maya render licenses work to render VRay Houdini scenes? Or do we need to buy specific Houdini render licenses?

Comment

Originally posted by Dubbie99 View Post
            WIll the generic Max/Maya render licenses work to render VRay Houdini scenes? Or do we need to buy specific Houdini render licenses?
            I think I've confused you...

So, you have two license types:
            1. GUI (Graphical User Interface) licenses - you need those to open V-Ray in the application, use the materials, textures, tweak the render settings, and so on. For example, to use V-Ray for 3ds Max, you need a V-Ray GUI license for 3ds Max. To use V-Ray for Houdini, you need a V-Ray GUI license for Houdini.
            2. To render with V-Ray, you need a V-Ray Render Node license. A Render Node license is always used when you hit render - it doesn't matter if you hit "Render" in 3ds Max, or Maya, or Houdini.

So, if you have Render Node licenses that came with Max/Maya - those will work perfectly fine with V-Ray for Houdini.

Does that answer your question ?

Best regards!

Comment

Yes it does. Thanks!
              I just know there was a time when render licenses weren't universal. I'm glad they are now.

R

Comment

Awesome, glad we figured it out
                By the way, as of recently there are also universal GUI licenses, e.g. https://www.chaosgroup.com/vray/collection
                May be worth looking into in case you jump a lot between DCCs.

Best regards!

Comment

Btw, there is no need to force attributes if the attribute name is used at Tex User Color/Float/Int, Tex TriPlanar (random by user attribute) and Cryptomatte (in user attribute mode) - those values are collected and forced automatically.
                  V-Ray For Houdini | V-Ray Hydra Delegate | VRayScene
                  andrei.izrantcev@chaos.com
                  Support Request

Comment

Working...
                  X