texture UV issue when using projection cam in AOVs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• texture UV issue when using projection cam in AOVs

I have a scene where I've created a restUV attribute that I am then using as the UV input to a texture map for an extratex projected texture element.

* our uv AOV is correct and consistent
    * the rest attributes I used to create a render element are correct and consistent.
    * the projected rest texture is correct and consistent
    * my textures (on those materials concerning these projected uvs alone) are flicking in the beauty between *what appears to be* the actual geometry UV, and the projection rest uvs. I have NOT overwritten @uv. -I only have 3x float values @uv_u, @uv_v @uv_w into a color.

I have observed too that this is happening at vrscene generation time, as batched frames behave identically.

edit: I should add - once I removed all references to this custom UV attr and the flicker went away.

I am going to set up a ticket for it via work but that may take a while - so wondering if this is a known issue at all in the meantime?
    Last edited by bender83; 23-02-2021, 03:14 PM.

Followup question too:
    Your docs say to use this method to acess arbitrary/custom UVs
    https://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/...UV+Coordinates

However, I can just as easily leave an arbitrary vertex attribute that contains uv data (say, 'restUV') and replace that string in my vray image node uv name paramater. Why would you go the individual float route when just changing the uv channel name just works?

Comment

Working...
    X