Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alembic frame offset issue

Hi,

I am afraid there is yet another issue with alembics that have a frameoffset via intrinsic:abcframe. This time it seems, that everything is working in the gui (with pproduction render) but when exporting to vrscene for standalone rendering the frames seem not to get updated correctly. I did already create a ticket for it (#22562) that includes an example scene but as this is very urgent for us I am also posting this here in the hope to get some attention from bdancer.

Thanks,

Ronny

Hey ronald_a ,

I've just tested on my end (and will check your scene files ASAP tomorrow once the support folk are back in office) but the exported VRScenes seem to render as expected.

Are you by any chance exporting the VRScenes from a ROP node whose export path is somehow linked to another parameter? I'm asking because of this forum thread that also popped up today: https://forums.chaos.com/forum/v-ray...t-work-correct

We've also fixed an issue related to the alembics abcframe export: "VRScene export for per frame alembic files with time offset is not animated" - the fix is from Jan 21, 2022. What is the date of the build that you're using? You can check that under the V-Ray Menu -> About V-Ray.

Best regards!
    gosho.genchev@chaosgroup.com

Comment

Hi Gosho.Genchev,

thanks a lot for your *very* fast reply! I don't have any linking in the rop. I will check with the latest nightly and report back.

Comment

Gosho.Genchev ok, so I tried the latest nightly without any luck. I even changed the setup to not use mops (cause I remember last time we had an issue you guys said you also had to fix something that was related to mops) to make sure it doesn't cause any issue but also did not have any luck with that (so the mops setup is what we will continue to work with).

As a sidenote, if you try to render in ipr and step through the timeline it behaves very similar to what I see when export/rendering standalone. depending on which frame I start the ipr (I discribe this better in my ticket).

Comment

There is a hidden parameter in object properties "vray_disable_packed_anim_cache" this will fix the export for you.
          For the next nightly I'll disable this cache for alembics and this parameter won't be needed.
          V-Ray For Houdini | V-Ray Hydra Delegate | VRayScene
          andrei.izrantcev@chaos.com
          Support Request

Comment

bdancer excellent! That did the trick! Thanks a lot for the superfast support!

Comment

Working...
            X