Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Custom aovs don't work with packed alembics.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom aovs don't work with packed alembics.

Hi there.

In our current build ( '52020', '0598092' ) customs aovs (e.g. texture plugged into the material output aov_1) don't work with packed alembics. Unpacking the alembic makes it work but isn't really an option as it increases vrscene generation times.

In a newer build '52020', '8c7bc47' this seems to be fixed already but I cant upgrade currently due to mismatches between how the 'remaps' behave/misbehave.

Is there any other 'trick/hack/workaround' that you know of apart from unpacking the geometry in SOPs?

Thanks
    Martin

> Is there any other 'trick/hack/workaround' that you know of apart from unpacking the geometry in SOPs?.

The workaround is to restore previous behavior for remap... Pls, try the tomorrow nightly build.
    If this still won't work a .hip file will be helpful.
    Last edited by bdancer; 23-04-2022, 01:17 AM.
    V-Ray For Houdini | V-Ray Hydra Delegate | VRayScene
    andrei.izrantcev@chaos.com
    Support Request

Comment

Hi bdancer

Unsure which thread I should be posting this in now and I am starting to lose overview a bit but we have downloaded the following build “52020”, “023ec12” and now colour ramps are broken which again means I can't use the build.
      Did you want me to use a specific build?

See screenshots below. A grid, a noise, feeding into a float to colour remap. Expected result is colourful.

See network as well as vray version on the two screenshots.

Hip file also provided but probably not necessary.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by martin_aufinger; 25-04-2022, 11:45 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X