fog effect visible issuse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fog effect visible issuse

To apply the fog effect only to a certain object area, I created a box, gave opacity = 0 to the material, and connected fog to the volume of the material output.

When the camera is outside the object it works fine, but when it goes inside the object the fog is not visible to the camera.

This method works well in maya vray, but is there another way in houdini? Or is it a bug?​

Hello seongwon_son

Thank you for reaching out to us!

Could you please send us your scene files so we can investigate further? You can do that here in the Forum or you can Submit a Request to our System if it's more convenient for you.

Comment

Hi guys,

I had this issue reported this February to Gosho.Genchev, it looks like this is a known limitation, here was the conclusion at the moment:

This behavior will be resolved with updates that Andrei is preparing for V-Ray for Houdini. It will most likely take him a few months so until then, I can propose a temporary solution:

1. Create an Environment node and connect it to the V-Ray Renderer Environment slot

2. Create an Environment Fog node

3. Go to the Parameters interface and unhide the "gizmos" parameter

4. Specify the box in that parameter

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	72
Size:	557.3 KB
ID:	1183613

The workflow we have in V-Ray for Houdini is equivalent to what they call a "Fog Container" in Maya: https://docs.chaos.com/display/VMAYA/VRayEnvironmentFog#VRayEnvironmentFog-FogContainer

As the documentation states, GPU and the camera being inside the volume is not supported.

Best,
      David.
      David Anastácio // Accenture Song - VFX
      https://www.accenture.com/us-en/serv...visual-effects

Comment

thank you david anastacio This is the result I wanted.

Why is the gizmo hidden, isn't it an official release feature yet?​

Comment

Working...
        X