Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't get BakerTool UDIMs to work

Hello,

I'm having some trouble getting the BakerTool to output UDIM tiles. With the UDIM-toggle disabled, files are written to disk as expected; with the UDIM-toggle enabled, nothing gets output. In addition there are errors in the log (see screenshot).

I've attached a simple test-scene and hope someone can tell me whether I'm doing something wrong, or the BakerTool utility is being buggy?

Cheers,
    Dan

VRAY_RFE.zip

Hello Dan Andersen I noticed that you have posted a similar question in the Solaris/USD page. Could you please clarify whether you need the UDIM Baking in the OBJ or in the STAGE network?

Comment

To bake your UDIMs you need to go to the OUT Net > V-Ray Renderer and click on the Bake to Texture to uncover the Bake settings. Then adjust the paths, objects and values as you desire and render: http://ftp.chaosgroup.com/support/sc...1_08-57-44.mp4

Make sure to have the <UDIM> in your output file name.

More information about the Baking process you can find here: https://docs.chaos.com/display/VRAYHOUDINI/Bake

Comment

Could you please clarify whether you need the UDIM Baking in the OBJ or in the STAGE network?
        I'd prefer to do it in /stage really, but I wasn't sure it was fully supported yet (the bake-options in the render globals seem rather limited), so I went to /obj instead. Is the Solaris baker a completely separate integration, or does it rely on /obj still?

To bake your UDIMs you need to go to the OUT Net > V-Ray Renderer and click on the Bake to Texture to uncover the Bake setting
        Thanks for the video and info. I went through the docs as well as all the texture-bake related forum threads I could find yesterday but never managed to get it to work. Following your example in the video it still doesn't output any UDIM tiles when I click "Render to Disk". Does this actually work on your end? It writes 1001.exr, 1002.exr, 1011.exr to disk?

Comment

Hi Dan Andersen , the UDIM baking will work correctly in next nigthly build.
          Georgy Chakarov | QA
          www.chaosgroup.com
          georgy.chakarov@chaosgroup.com

Comment

Good news, thank you chakarov !

Comment

Working...
            X