No announcement yet.

frame buffer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok i thought you asked me if mantra or 3dsmax are supporting this which they do but with vfb ofcourse. Thought there maybe was a way to interpret those mouseclicks from mplay but if its not i understand.

edit: karma/solaris has that functionality in mplay so maybe its possible to interpret the mouseclick?
    Last edited by LeoYfver; 16-03-2022, 08:10 AM.
    http://goodbyekansasstudios.com/

Comment

> so maybe its possible to interpret the mouseclick?

May be there is some render setting that is passed back to the delegate, but it's only part (like 1%) of the things that will be needed to be implemented.
      V-Ray For Houdini | V-Ray Hydra Delegate | VRayScene
      andrei.izrantcev@chaos.com
      Support Request

Comment

Originally posted by vintrvidar View Post
        Wow, thanks for the quick fix!
        It does indeed work today, the buckets update in MPlay as the render progresses.
        Weird, it doesn't work for me... I only see the image when its rendered.
        Richard Blank
        www.haymakerfx.com

Comment

Most of the time i am doing houdini based concept Art. I am using all the framebuffer features like bloom, color correction /LUTs etc. Is there a way to integrate it in solaris? I couln't find any vray framebuffer-like features.

Comment

I've already answered in the previous page - there is currently no possibility to have VFB in Solaris.
            Support Request

Comment

Well, apparently I was wrong

Nightlies from today contain experimental VFB support both for viewport and husk.
              There are render settings parameter in "Output" tab to store VFB settings at.
              VFU_VFB_SETTINGS_DIR and VFU_VFB_SETTINGS_FILE_NAME env. vars could also be used (env. vars will override render settings).
              It'll store 2 files - one with settings, one with layers.

If you are not using installer you'll have to add:
              Code:
              { "QT_PLUGIN_PATH" : "${HFS}/dsolib/Qt_plugins" },
              { "QT_QPA_PLATFORM_PLUGIN_PATH" : "${HFS}/dsolib/Qt_plugins/platforms" }
              to your launcher in order to init Qt.

Lets see how it'll works and if it'll be useful, didn't have time to test it much though...
              Support Request

Comment

This is awesome! I think this might be the first time a third party frame buffer is working inside of Solaris, which is a big deal IMO. A couple of things, is there a way to keep the VFB open once Render to Disk is complete? It keeps wanting to close on my end. Also the Output File Path is defaulting to:
                ${HIP}/render/${HIPNAME}.<frame04>.exr

Should be something like this:
                $HIP/render/$HIPNAME.$F4.exr

Comment

> A couple of things, is there a way to keep the VFB open once Render to Disk is complete?

Currently, no.

> Should be something like this: $HIP/render/$HIPNAME.$F4.exr

It should not, $F4 will be expanded only once if you'll render multiple frames with same husk process.
                  Support Request

Comment

Working...
                  X