Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, so:
    1. Does this file exist?
    2. Does user have enough permissions to read this file?
    3. Are there any installer errors while installing the product?
    V-Ray For Houdini | V-Ray Hydra Delegate | VRayScene
    andrei.izrantcev@chaos.com
    Support Request

Comment

Sorry for late reply.
      There is ony pluginInfo.json in that folder. There were no errors during installation. Version I am using is from about a week or so ago.

Comment

I've just installed nightly from https://nightlies.chaos.com/main#/vr...ghtly/20220916.
        I see the json file installed correctly:
        Code:
        find /usr/ChaosGroup/V-Ray/Houdini_19.5.303/ -name "hdvray_mtlx.json"
        /usr/ChaosGroup/V-Ray/Houdini_19.5.303/vfh_home/dso_py37/usd_plugins/hdVRay/resources/hdvray_mtlx.json
        /usr/ChaosGroup/V-Ray/Houdini_19.5.303/vfh_home/dso_py39/usd_plugins/hdVRay/resources/hdvray_mtlx.json​
        and loaded correctly:

Code:
        [2022/Sept/22|12:14:15] [info] MtlX: Parsing "/usr/ChaosGroup/V-Ray/Houdini_19.5.303/vfh_home/dso_py39/usd_plugins/hdVRay/resources/hdvray_mtlx.json"...
        ​
        Support Request

Comment

Originally posted by Dubbie99 View Post
          This is great news!

As an unrelated side note, it made me chuckle to see you are using DJV view. I have tried to use Chaos Player, but have found it completely unusable. It seems like even doing the simplest things is a fight.
          Hi there,

It would be very useful to know what issues you came across with Player. Feel free to use the Player forum or DM me - I would be happy to have your feedback.
          Alex Yolov
          Product Manager
          V-Ray for Maya, Chaos Player
          www.chaos.com

Comment

Ok, I will put my money where my mouth is and write up the issues I came across.

Comment

Originally posted by Dubbie99 View Post
              Ok, I will put my money where my mouth is and write up the issues I came across.
              Thanks, that would be very helpful.
              Would you mind sharing what application you currently use instead of Player and why?
              Alex Yolov
              Product Manager
              V-Ray for Maya, Chaos Player
              www.chaos.com

Comment

Currently using DJV View.
                While it is not ideal, it works ok.

it’s simple to set up the correct OCIO options for displaying different type of files, it plays smoothly, I can view alpha and r g b channels easily.

I would like it if it was better at viewing other channels in the exrs.

Comment

Hi, How far along the Chaos team is in supporting MatX in Vray for Houdini and Maya/LookdevX USD?

Comment

We've had MaterialX support in the V-Ray for Houdini nightly builds for a while now - either through USD or through the Houdini MaterialX shader nodes. In terms of materials models, currently we support the "standard surface" model and the majority of the texture nodes. MaterialX in Maya is supported in the V-Ray for Maya nightly builds through the VRayVrmatMtl material node for the moment; support through USD is WIP and should be there for the next official release. The same is true for 3ds Max.

Best regards,
                    Vlado
                    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Great news. Thanks for the update, Vlado.

Comment

Great to see more MaterialX support in V-Ray. Has anyone had any luck getting the 3D procedurals to work? It says Fractal, Noise, and Worley are supported but none of them seem to work for me.

Comment

They are not working on my side either. I tried in H and M

Comment

> It says Fractal, Noise, and Worley are supported but none of them seem to work for me.

We'll have to fix the documentation then, procedural textures are not yet supported.
                            Support Request

Comment

Thanks for clarifying Andrei. Do you happen to know if support for noises is more of a short-term or long-term thing?

Comment

Definitely not short-term...
                                Support Request

Comment

Working...
                                X