Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vray and Arnold not loading/working together within houdini/solaris.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4n7 May I ask where should I place this piece of code? I'm a newcomer to Houdini, so could you please provide more detailed instructions? Thank you very much.

Comment

lu_xing all recent nightly builds contain the fix, you don't need to adjust anything.
      As for the original question - installer installs vray_for_houdini.json file into the default Houdini packages directory (the one you are choosing at the Advanced installer page), you need to adjust this file.
      V-Ray For Houdini | V-Ray Hydra Delegate | VRayScene
      andrei.izrantcev@chaos.com
      Support Request

Comment

Dear lu_xing​, hello.

If you open https://nightlies.chaos.com/#/vray6houdini/nightly and you don't see builds there, please send me in a private message the email that your licenses are associated with.
        With the e-mail used here I am not able to find the needed information and to request the access.

Waiting for your answer.
        Tsvetomira Girginova | chaos.com
        3D Support (AEC,HOU,C4D) Team Lead | contact us

Comment

IGNORE THIS, It is working....
          -----------------------------------
          Dredging this back up again as I'm now hitting the same issue with 20.0.547 py3.10, latest nightly and HtoA 6.2.5.1

This maybe a nightly thing but the pythonlibs3.10libs (or 2.7/3.9 etc) isn't in the vfh_home folder, is this in a different location now or will this be re-introduced in a stable release? I tried grabbing these libs from an older stable release but hit the same error

previously the fix was adding this

Code:
          { "PYTHONPATH" : [
          { "method": "append", "value": "${VRAY_APPSDK}/python" },
          { "method": "append", "value": "${VFH_HOME}/python3.9libs" }
          ]},
          ​​
          but now the packages.json includes the dso path

Code:
          { "PYTHONPATH" : [
          { "method": "append", "value": "${VRAY_APPSDK}/python" },
          { "method": "append", "value": "${VFH_DSO_PATH}/python" }
          ]},​
          this looks like the same file as before but doesn't seem to work
          C:\Program Files\Chaos Group\V-Ray\Houdini 19.5.605\vfh_home\python3.9libs\vfh_py.pyd
          C:\Program Files\Chaos Group\V-Ray\Houdini_20.0_d5d1f6e_22645\vfh_home\dso_py310\ 20.0.547\python\vfh_py.pyd

In Houdini the path is
          Code:
          PYTHONPATH
          C:/Program Files/Chaos Group/V-Ray/Houdini_20.0_d5d1f6e_22645/appsdk/python;C:/Program Files/Chaos Group/V-Ray/Houdini_20.0_d5d1f6e_22645/vfh_home/dso_py310/20.0.547/python;C:/rez/Scripts;C:/Users/antg/AppData/Local/Programs/Python/Python312

Thanks
          Ant

EDIT: If I remove the material collect node or arnold node from the materiallibrary node then the vray material is restored, not sure if I'm missing some workflow option here

EDIT 2 : IGNORE THIS, IT WORKS, I think maybe the arnold shader is overriding the collect, I'll have to investigate, but this works fine again. THANKS!
          Last edited by 4n7; 09-02-2024, 03:27 AM.

Comment

Thanks for editing that it is now working : )

Enjoy your work!
            Test also the recent improvements in V-Ray 6 Update 2.
            Tsvetomira Girginova | chaos.com
            3D Support (AEC,HOU,C4D) Team Lead | contact us

Comment

Working...
            X