Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not render hidden lights

Hello.

I miss the global option of not rendering hidden lights like we have in vray for 3dsmax.
    This way is easier to setup different lighting setups for many shots in the same scene file.

Thanks!
    www.gaell.com

You could use bundles for that as well.

Comment

I didn't know about that Houdini feature. Very useful indeed.
      You learn something new every day.

Thanks!
      www.gaell.com

Comment

you can use python expression hou.pwd().isDisplayFlagSet() on Enabled parameter

Comment

I don't really understand why "render hidden light" is on by default.... just want to turn off a light by hiding it like any other software.

Comment

> I don't really understand why "render hidden light" is on by default.... just want to turn off a light by hiding it like any other software.

Because other software is not Houdini (and this is how it works in Mantra).
            In Houdini you use object lists on ROP (+ bundles).
            V-Ray For Houdini | V-Ray Hydra Delegate | VRayScene
            andrei.izrantcev@chaos.com
            Support Request

Comment

Thanks for the advice, just which from 3dsMax Vray to Houdini a week ago .... still figuring out the workflow.

Comment

> Thanks for the advice, just which from 3dsMax Vray to Houdini a week ago .... still figuring out the workflow.

Don't hesitate for asking questions, Houdini is quite different
                V-Ray For Houdini | V-Ray Hydra Delegate | VRayScene
                andrei.izrantcev@chaos.com
                Support Request

Comment

Sliiightly unrelated Andrei, and this is the same in max, it's a bit annoying that the dome light doesn't have the option to be invisible to camera so you get a clean alpha, but it's seen by refractions in glass materials - any chance of an option here?

Comment

Working...
                  X