Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray deadline

Hello.

Lately I'm using this node over the deadline submitter but there's one single option I miss and is the posibility to submit Houdini scene.
    Is there any chance to include this option in vrayDeadline node?
    Attached Files
    www.gaell.com

Afair, Mode->"Render Job" will submit Houdini scene.
    V-Ray For Houdini | V-Ray Hydra Delegate | VRayScene
    andrei.izrantcev@chaos.com
    Support Request

Comment

Well, maybe I didn't explain myself well.
      What the "submit scene" option in the Deadline submitter itself does is send a temporal "copy" of the scene. This way, if you overwrite your original scene while the farm is rendering, nothing will change.

Now if you submit your scene with the vrayDeadline node and then keep working, making some changes to your scene and overwriting your original file while the farm is processing, all the changes you made to your scene will be processed by the farm because you are using the original file instead of a temporary copy.
      Obviously the solution to this is to never overwrite your submitted file and always save it incrementally, but then you could end up with hundreds of versions of the file.​ And in some cases overwrite your file by error and mess up the render.
      Last edited by gagui; 31-03-2023, 03:50 AM.
      www.gaell.com

Comment

yes I was about ask the same question, the submit scene option is important, because our scene ususally located in local drive, but when deadline workers render the scene, they need to access it in a net work directory, if without that option , we have to do the following:
        1.before render with deadline, copy the scene to a network shared folder , which can be accessed by all render workers
        2.open the scene in that net work folder, and submit using vray deadline node
        if we have that option, what we need to do is following:
        1.check the submit houdini scene option, click the submit button. (all the rest is handled by deadline, it will copy the file to a location that can be accessed by all workers, in 3dsmax it can even collect all assets and put them there)
        Last edited by len_xie; 24-08-2023, 07:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X