V-Ray Next for Maya Update 2.1 now available

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-Ray Next for Maya Update 2.1 now available

V-Ray Next for Maya Update 2.1 now is now available for download on the Chaos website.
    This update is free for all V-Ray Next users.

Here's what's new:

New features:
    (*) V-Ray: Support for Maya 2020;
    (*) V-Ray: Ability to export .vrscene package archive with all asset files;
    (*) V-Ray: A tool for converting materials to V-Ray material;

Modified features:
    (*) V-Ray: Ability to add rounded edges V-Ray attributes directly to VRayMtl, VRayAlSurface and VRayBlend materials;
    (*) VRayBerconNoise/Viewport 2.0: Bercon noise Viewport 2.0 preview is now disabled by default for faster shader compilation;
    (*) V-Ray: Improved bucket rendering performance on 128 core NUMA machines;
    (*) VRayAlSurface: "Consider all objects" in the VRayAlSurface material now only considers other objects with VRayAlSurface applied;

Bug fixes:
    (*) V-Ray: Fixed crease artifacts in V-Ray subdivision with non-integer crease weights;
    (*) V-Ray: Fixed -skipExistingFrames option not working properly in Standalone;
    (*) VRayBerconNoise: Fixed displacement with Bercon noise;
    (*) VRayLayeredTex: Fixed a bug with negative values;
    (*) Chaos Cloud: Abort submitting an incomplete animation to the cloud when the export was aborted by the user;
    (*) V-Ray: Fixed post translate python with overridden VRaySettings node;
    (*) V-Ray: Fixed automatic installation with config file;
    (*) V-Ray GPU: Fixed a crash with motion blur on Linux;
    (*) V-Ray GPU: Fixed the GPU Device Select options becoming unavailable;
    (*) V-Ray GPU: Fixed a crash in Standalone on render end with textures with environment variables;
    (*) V-Ray GPU: Fixed a crash in IPR with on-demand mip-mapping for textures connected to self-illumination;
    (*) V-Ray GPU: Fixed artifacts with adaptive dome light;
    (*) V-Ray GPU: Fixed a crash with RTX in IPR with VRayFur when deleting source geometry;
    (*) V-Ray: Fixed hash detection for EXRs files from OIIO;

Best regards,
    Mihail Djurev
    V-Ray for Maya dev team lead
    V-Ray for Maya dev team lead

Thanks so much for an update. Having all assets zipped inside .vrscene might be very useful as we work on both MAC and Windows machines, it always had problems with patches when I ran it from the different OS.

Though, I can't find the tool converting the V-Ray materials anywhere

Lastly, is there any way to manually turn on the bercon noise preview in the viewport?

Cheers
    My Artstation
    Whether it is an advantageous position or a disadvantageous one, the opposite state should be always present to your mind. -
    Sun Tsu

Comment

the tool for converting is in the V-Ray menu --> Tools --> Archive V-Ray Scene
      --=============--
      -DW
      -buck.co
      --=============--

Comment

Thanks dougWilkinson but the scene converter has been there for ages. I am talking about the new tool which I believe does automatic convertion from non-vray materials such as phong etc to VrayMTL. Such tool would speed up bought .fbx models preparation.
        My Artstation
        Whether it is an advantageous position or a disadvantageous one, the opposite state should be always present to your mind. -
        Sun Tsu

Comment

The material convert tool is at the same place V-Ray menu > Tools > Convert materials for V-Ray
          Alex Yolov
          Product Manager
          V-Ray for Maya, Chaos Player
          www.chaos.com

Comment

Thanks guys, I found it. It seems to not working though, I applied maya's phong to a cube -> run a tool, nothing happens. I tried to also run it after selecting material's nodes in the Hypershade, same.
            My Artstation
            Sun Tsu

Comment

It won't work for Phong, currently it will only convert standardSurface and aiStandardSurface. There's lots of improvements to come to the tool, including some info on what materials will be converted.
              Alex Yolov
              Product Manager
              www.chaos.com

Comment

Is there any documentation about the new material converter?
                And any info about the standardSurface supported features if i render it on the fly without converting.?
                https://linktr.ee/cg_oglu
                Ryzen 5950, Geforce 3060, 128GB ram

Comment

I don't know how useful this would be, but we have this: https://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/...ials+for+V-Ray
                  We'll add more information about supported parameters etc. for both the convertor and the on-the-fly render.
                  Alex Yolov
                  Product Manager
                  www.chaos.com

Comment

Working...
                  X