Vray Tools & Utils

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray Tools & Utils

Hi people, i had an idea for a long time to make thread like this so no1 should search around the forum for mel/py scripts to speed up the work, so here it is
    this will be my 1st script/tool that would help u all coz it helped me 1000x

Vray Proxy Replacer

Note:
    - you can select one or more proxy's and apply changes
    - If the path field is empty the script will update only the check box changes (Bounding box, Show whole mesh, etc...)
    - If the path field is not empty then the script will update the path for proxy file (leaving the original name of proxy file) + the check box changes (Bounding box, Show whole mesh, etc...)

If u find any bugs or errors let me know, and also if u have an ideas what i could change or add also let me know...

cheers
    Attached Files

Thanks for sharing

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Cheers Bazuka, plenty of use for this.
      Maya 2020/2022
      Win 10x64
      Vray 5

Comment

I think it would be nice to have a button to select all proxies in scene.

Away from maya at the moment but it'd be something like this:

select -r `ls -type VRayMesh`;

or VRayProxy I can't exactly recall.
        Maya 2020/2022
        Win 10x64
        Vray 5

Comment

thx people, i have more tools around in my tool box, but i need to make GUI for them they r not so user friendly atm...

just stay tuned

@snivlem

about the button well, im not sure is that a good idea, coz sometimes u have group of proxies in one location and other group on some other places... for example trees, grass, flowers, i dont think that people keep them all on same place on their hdd drive...

cheers
          Last edited by bazuka; 18-12-2011, 02:52 PM.

Comment

Yeah, that's a good idea. Thanks again for the tool
            Maya 2020/2022
            Win 10x64
            Vray 5

Comment

Working...
            X