• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phoenix FD for Maya beta program

It's here!

http://www.chaosgroup.com/en/2/phoenix_maya.html

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Awesome!
    but I just tried to install it and the plugin doesn't show up in the plugin manager... Maybe I just try it again.

Edit: I think it's related to our vray installation on the repository.
    Last edited by pechart; 06-03-2012, 02:53 AM.

Comment

is it to early to ask when and if an OSX version will be available?

Comment

Here we go !
        www.deex.info

Comment

I signed up yesterday
          I PRAY to the Gods of Chaosgroup that I'm on the team for it. After watching the video I'm truly and utterly impressed by it, amazing work and very exciting !

Comment

Originally posted by DPGrafik View Post
            is it to early to ask when and if an OSX version will be available?
            For the moment unfortunately we don't plan an OS X version. It has been an unpleasant experience developing for Mac OS X for V-Ray for Maya, and we don't have the resources do deal with these issues for Phoenix FD. On the other hand, if there is enough interest we can always look into it.

Best regards,
            Vlado
            I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

I signed up also, and I'm looking forward to participate !

regards,
              Olivier
              www.mirage-cg.com

Comment

WE´ve just joined the beta too!
                VFX Supervisor @ www.parasol-island.com personal website www.dryzen.com latest reel http://vimeo.com/23603917

Comment

awesome to see the beta kick off!
                  sad to hear that the OS X version won't be coming. V-Ray for OS X is rock solid and super stable, so despite the trouble, you've made a great product. But I guess us Mac users have to move over to PCs to get a hold of great stuff like Phoenix.
                  Last edited by hellobard; 06-03-2012, 12:19 PM.
                  /Bard
                  www.hellobard.com
                  Norwegian Broadcasting Corporation (NRK) - Motion graphics artist

Comment

Heya,

got the beta invite, installed the plugin, loaded the plugin and then. "no simulation license" Do we need a special license for the beta? I haven´t found any information in the docs
                    VFX Supervisor @ www.parasol-island.com personal website www.dryzen.com latest reel http://vimeo.com/23603917

Comment

"no simulation license"

Same here. How do we update our dongles? Looking forward to test this stuff!

BTW: We have a repository installation of vray and so I just dropped all the phoenix fd files to the corresponding folders on the repo and it seems to work. But there are two files that get installed to the main Maya installation dir:
                      libmmd.dll and
                      svml_dispmd.dll
                      It would be nice if they could also be moved to a specific directory so that we can make them accessible to the whole site if needed.

Comment

How quickly would we find out if we are on the beta testing team ?

EDIT:

Ah, checked emails again this evening and all good
                        Last edited by RobPhoboS; 07-03-2012, 02:27 PM.

Comment

On my side, I have no error message regarding the License but...
                          I'm doing like on the video, creating a container, creating a poly sphere, creating the emitter, connecting emitter to sphere, but nothing happens...

regards,

olivier
                          www.mirage-cg.com

Comment

The license error comes up when you start to simulate, I think.

About the invitation process:
                            I got an invitation mail on March, 5th, went straight to the application form and got an email to activate my account after submitting the application. On March, 6th I got an email with the confirmation and the access rights to the download section.
                            And now I'm waiting on instructions on how to proceed for updating the dongle EDIT: Found it in the Phoenix FD section of the forum.
                            Last edited by pechart; 07-03-2012, 03:35 AM.

Comment

Lol, got it.... stupid me.... thanks pechart for the info
                              www.mirage-cg.com

Comment

Working...
                              X