vrscene and projected textures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vrscene and projected textures

Is there any way to have a texture projection node move *with* a VrayScene node after it's imported into a Maya scene? I was hoping that simply making the projection node a child of the geometry before exporting to a vrscene would do the trick but, sadly that's not the case. Checking with ply2vrmesh -vrsceneList, the projection node doesn't even show up in the list so I'm not if it's possible to tell the projection node to match the translation of the vrscene.

It's a pretty simple setup of about a dozen different vrscenes that drift past the camera a varying speeds... I get that I could animate the original mesh and texture nodes then export the entire sequence to a vrscene but I'm hoping there's a more elegant way.

I'm not sure that ply2vrmesh -vrsceneList will list the projection node, it only lists mesh objects that can be converted with ply2vrmesh.

As for the issue itself - is this with V-Ray 3.6 or V-Ray Next. I know we fixed an issue with projected textures inside a vrscene loaded as VRayScene object in Maya, that *should* be in beta 1. But if you're talking about something else, then we might need to look into it.
    Alex Yolov
    Product Manager
    V-Ray for Maya, Chaos Player
    www.chaos.com

Comment

Thanks Yolov. Here are my version numbers.... MacOS 10.10.5, Maya 2017 Update 5, V-Ray 3.60.04.

Comment

And here's a quick set of scenes demonstrating the problem. 'couldTest.ma' was used to generate 'cloudTest.vrscene' and 'cloudTest_anim.ma' is simply the imported vrscene translated along one axis to show the cloud texture swimming through the geometry.
        Attached Files

Comment

Sorry for the late reply. I had a look at the scene.
          You need to enable the 'Local' option for the cloud texture, under Effects > Local and then export the vrscene.
          Not checking this option will produce the same effect even in the scene where you don't use a vrscene object.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_44990.png
Views:	102
Size:	20.9 KB
ID:	1004201
          Alex Yolov
          Product Manager
          V-Ray for Maya, Chaos Player
          www.chaos.com

Comment

I've been using Maya since it was in beta. How did I not know this? Thanks so much, Yolov!

Comment

Working...
            X