Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cryptomatte not fully compatible with images saved from VFB

Hi,

Pretty sure it was mentioned somewhere here that there is an issue about metadata of sort so if I did a render and grab the multi-channel EXR from either VFB or the "tmp" folder of a Maya project, it is not fully compatible with the cryptomatte gizmo in Nuke. I oftentimes only can use material based on cryptomatte or sometimes I can't select any mattes in Nuke.

We do high-rez render pretty often and rely on DR. It would be great if we can access full cryptomatte features when an image is saved from VFB or dumped into "tmp" folder.

always curious...

Currently we don't write the Cryptomatte manifest if you save the image directly from the VFB. It is on the "to do" list to implement this. If you let V-Ray write out the OpenEXR file as part of a normal render, it will be fine. It should also be fine from the .tmp folder - this works for me, not sure why it doesn't work for you. Are you using bucket or progressive rendering?

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

vlado I am using bucket rendering. I got inconsistent results when I grab EXR from the "tmp" folder. I am happy if the one I got from "tmp" folder is good to go. Will it help if I send you a rendered result for taking a further look?
      always curious...

Comment

It could help; if you have more specific reproduction steps it would also be very helpful.

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

vlado ok, I'll make a note when I run into that again and send you the render with reproduction steps. Thanks!
          always curious...

Comment

Working...
          X