Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting custom attributes from Houdini to Maya/Vray

Hello!

We are trying to get custom attributes from Houdini into Maya/Vray to work. We have tried a number of methods from the docs as well as from this forum.

For example this one:
    https://forums.chaosgroup.com/forum/...gh-to-a-shader

We can see the attributes in the info panel of the vraymesh attributes but so far no luck with the vrayUserScalar or vrayUserColor.
    We can not get rest position to work by adding the vray placement attr to the maya texture placement nodes.
    The only success we've had is with the vrayVertexColor node. Setting the type to "set index" and the index to 1 give us some result. That gives us at best three floats which isn't enough for what we are trying to do.

Feels like this is something that is supposed to be pretty straight forward but we cant get it to work for us.

Any help would be much appreciated.
    Attached Files

Hi,
    sorry for the late replay. I'll take a look at the scene and see what we could do. I'll update you as soon as I have some info.
    Ivan Shaykov
    chaos.com

Comment

Hi. It looks like importing an alembic through vrproxy reads only color /3float and 4float/ attributes, float attributes aren't accessible, so you can think of them as packages. I've made a simple houdini export scene and maya import scene to show you some workflow as a workaround for the current limitations.
      Attached Files
      Georgy Chakarov | QA
      www.chaosgroup.com
      georgy.chakarov@chaosgroup.com

Comment

Working...
      X