Apple M1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apple M1

Just thought I'd toss this out there. Testing the new Mini, and I have to say I'm somewhat astonished by the performance of V-Ray (and Maya) in emulation on this machine. Benchmark doesn't run on the Mac, but IPR is quite responsive, at least in my early tests.

Thanks, this is very good to know! Not sure about Maya itself yet but we plan to work on porting V-Ray to native ARM code in the first half of 2021.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

That's great to hear, Vlado.

Originally posted by vlado View Post
      Thanks, this is very good to know! Not sure about Maya itself yet but we plan to work on porting V-Ray to native ARM code in the first half of 2021.

Best regards,
      Vlado

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I've been very interested in moving to Mac OS recently, but I rely heavily on GPU rendering. When Vray is ported over, will it be a discounted product since it doesn't do GPU rendering, or are you guys working to get GPU working on Macs? Sucks being limited to Windows, especially for those of us with 90% of our clients working on Mac OS.

Comment

Working...
        X