Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a way to displace Bercon noise only in one axis?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a way to displace Bercon noise only in one axis?

Hello. I'm experimenting with a hacky way to do wind in grass and maybe this could be a way. So is there a way to displace Bercon noise only in one axis?

I experimented a bit and I think this should do what you described. Try using the Vector displacement (object) as the Displacement type in conjunction with a colored Bercon noise texture (Perlin 2D type works best from what I saw). Set Color 1 as either Red, Green, or Blue (X, Y, and Z respectively; depending on the axis in which you wish to displace) and Color 2 as black. This works on a simple object, so it may work in your scenario as well. Try it out.
    Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Originally posted by aleksandar.hadzhiev View Post
      I experimented a bit and I think this should do what you described. Try using the Vector displacement (object) as the Displacement type in conjunction with a colored Bercon noise texture (Perlin 2D type works best from what I saw). Set Color 1 as either Red, Green, or Blue (X, Y, and Z respectively; depending on the axis in which you wish to displace) and Color 2 as black. This works on a simple object, so it may work in your scenario as well. Try it out.
      Thanks! I’ll try it out

Comment

Working...
      X