Copy-Paste VolumeGrid and Cache/Timeline Origin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Copy-Paste VolumeGrid and Cache/Timeline Origin

When I copy paste a volume grid and offset one either by cache origin or timeline origin, the viewport updates my sim right away. But when rendering, vray seems to ignore the offset.

What I found out is, that the duplicated VolumeGridNode gets the same number. So there are two nodes with the same name. When I manually change the number on my pasted Grid, my render is fine.
    Is there a reason, why it is like this, or is it a bug?

thanks

Which Maya and V-Ray versions are you using? It does seem to happen on my end - the grid is correctly numbered/named with the latest official build. Does it happen on a fresh scene? If not, could you send (attach here) the particular one via the contact form? Mention me in the subject and include a link to this thread in the message.
    Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

I had the problem back in Maya 2020.4 and now in 2022, with vray 4.3 and also with 5.00.23
      I made screenshots where you can see what's happening.

The screengrabs 01 show whats happening by default when offsetting one volume grid.
      02 is behaving the right way, but I have to rename the node.

Attached Files

Comment

I managed to reproduce it, however, it does not happen every time. I would need to do additional testing to find what exactly is happening.

Comment

The issue seems to be fixed in the latest stable V-Ray for Maya stable build. Try downloading and installing it to confirm.

Comment

using latest stable build from May 10th I see no difference. Viewport is updating, but rendering is still the same.
            Problem is resolved by renaming the duplicate VolumeGridNode in Attribute Editor to another number, that is not used before.

Duplicating does not update the number. Seems to be the issue here.

Comment

Try these instead.

Comment

hello!
                Tried with the latest builds from today. It's working!
                Thank you for helping quickly!

Comment

Working...
                X