Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parallax occlusion mapping

Hi everyone

Sorry if this isn't the right place for this question.
    I´ve been trying to use the OSL shader available on https://www.racoon-artworks.de/resou...ionmapping.php with vray in Maya.
    I don't know how to link the UVW output of the shader (3DMax shader) to Maya UV coordinates on my textures, as it is shown on this workflow. Is this possible at all?

Below are some screenshots of the setup on Maya.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screen01.jpg Views:	13 Size:	239.4 KB ID:	1184770

And the OSL shader attributes.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screen02.jpg Views:	7 Size:	92.6 KB ID:	1184771

Thank you for any help on this.

Last edited by Matador; 29-06-2023, 04:32 AM.

Not sure if it will work in Maya.
    Maybe racoonart can say something about it?
    Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

I can't say anything about maya really, but the point here is that the UV-coordinates output is used by another OSL node, in this case the bitmap loader. You can't use uv coords inputs in standard 3dsmax oder vray bitmaps, so I assume you will have to use an osl bitmap loader in maya as well. I have completely abandoned OSL last year though, so I can't really help much more with that.

Comment

Thank you both for your help and for taking the time to look into this.

Even the shader writer doesn't believe this is possible as it is, i will shelve it for now as i cant find any osl bitmap loader for Maya.
        Maybe Chaos will implement a native utility for this in the future?
        Main use case for me would be to better represent the normal map effect on low view angles with the surfaces, where regular normal maps loose some of the effect... displacement is great in Vray but overkill and non practical in many situations.

Comment

Working...
        X