Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-Ray Falloff types

Hi everybody!

Here I am with another question about V-Ray for Maya plug-in features.

I have noticed that the VrayFalloff texture node has some differences from the one that is in 3DS Max. In particular the "Falloff Type" attribute.

In 3DS Max there is an extra option which is nowhere to be found in Maya, that being the "Shadow/Light".

Is there a particular reason for the lack of said option in the Maya version of the VrayFalloff node?

It would be really useful to have it available. Hence my question in this forum.

Thank you very much.

Mauro

Hi, thanks for posting. In 3ds Max it is a not our development, V-Ray only supports it. I will investigate a bit further and get back to you with more details.
    Vladimir Krastev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Originally posted by vladimir_krastev View Post
      Hi, thanks for posting. In 3ds Max it is a not our development, V-Ray only supports it. I will investigate a bit further and get back to you with more details.
      Hi Vladimir,

That's why I was asking. Because we are using V-Ray 6 for Maya here, and the VrayFalloff node does not have that same option that you can find in the VrayFalloff node for V-Ray 6 for 3DS Max.

It would be good to have consistency, features parity between the two versions of V-Ray.

Thanks for taking time to investigate further.

Mauro

Comment

Hi, there is a way to do this in Maya. You have to create a VRayPluginNode and the falloff that is built in it has shadow/light type. Please check the gif below:
        http://ftp.chaosgroup.com/support/sc...1_14-46-20.gif

I will also log a task for our developers to add the shadow/light falloff type directly into the VRay Falloff.
        Vladimir Krastev | chaos.com
        Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Originally posted by vladimir_krastev View Post
          Hi, there is a way to do this in Maya. You have to create a VRayPluginNode and the falloff that is built in it has shadow/light type. Please check the gif below:
          http://ftp.chaosgroup.com/support/sc...1_14-46-20.gif

I will also log a task for our developers to add the shadow/light falloff type directly into the VRay Falloff.
          Fantastic!

I did not think of using the plugin node.

It works!

Thank you very much, Vladimir.

Comment

Working...
          X