GPU texture baking limitations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GPU texture baking limitations

Are there currently GPU texture baking limitations? We are having problems getting the baking to look correct with GPU. It's almost like it's not using all of the lights.

Hi, thanks for posting. Could you give us a visual example or a scene that illustrates the issue? Are you using RTX or CUDA? Do you have the same issue if you bake with CPU?
    Vladimir Krastev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply. I had a minute to dig in a little deeper. I've only tried this with RTX but "compute samples with rays from camera" doesn't have an effect. None of the reflections are rendered.
      CPU works fine. (That's what we had to use to get it done)

Comment

but "compute samples with rays from camera" doesn't have an effect. None of the reflections are rendered..
        Excuse me could you elaborate a bit more on this.
        Also how do you bake your textures? Are you using the V-Ray Bake Options​ or the Baking Engine Settings from the Render Settings, Common tab​?

Comment

Hey vladimir_krastev, Sorry its taken a few days to get back to you. I've been trying to recreate what is happening in a small scene but I can't get the same results. It's as expected from GPU to CPU. I will try to strip the scene down and see if I can recreate it.
          I found a workaround for now that involves heavily smoothing each object and baking with CPU and "compute samples with rays from camera" turned on.

Comment

If it is not happening in a new scene then we need to review the original scene with the issue. Please send it here or through the support contact form. If you choose the contact form add a link to this thread in your message.

Comment

Working...
            X