Shadow Matte for single object?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shadow Matte for single object?

I just need the character's shadows captured in a matte, not all of the other shadows belonging to other objects that cast onto the character. I see options for Reflection and Refraction Exclude Lists but that nothing for Shadow Exclude.

Maybe there is a better way to think about this: I'd like to show contact shadows with the ground so I can comp onto the plate. There are cast shadows from a tree that I do not need baked into the shadow matte, all environment shadows are in the plate. But I do need those cast shadows to affect the character.

Light linking? That doesn't seem right, I need the light to cast shadow from the tree, just not let the shadow land on the ground shadow matte.

I might be missing something simple but can't wrap my head around it. Any help is appreciated.

I'm not sure if you can do this in one pass at this point. The easiest thing that comes to mind is to apply a VRayMtlWrapper (matte=on) to all objects except the character and render the alpha separately. Otherwise, I'll mention the case to the project manager, since other users have reported similar issues.
    Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
    X