Vray Frame Buffer background image frame sequence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray Frame Buffer background image frame sequence

This seems like an obvious question, but is there a way to load an image sequence into the background of the frame buffer so when I move the play head in my maya scene the image gets updated with the correct frame? The maya native image plane has issues when the VFB is involved.

You could use an image plane as long as you have a background sequence you just set the image to play as a sequence on the image node, so frame 1 would be image_001.png and so on.

Comment

Yes, but the image plane seems to have issues with acescg exr's while sending a png or light jpg sequence to the vfb from the maya image plane creates color issues.

Comment

Originally posted by cgdom View Post
        Yes, but the image plane seems to have issues with acescg exr's while sending a png or light jpg sequence to the vfb from the maya image plane creates color issues.
        Does the Color Space of the Image plane match the color space of the imported image? I'm getting correct results with either .exr, .jpg and .pngs.
        Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
        Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

It does with exr's but did not seem to work with the PNG's or JPG's regardless of the color transform I pick in the file read node.
          My initial question was about the VFB supporting image sequence advancing for it's background image layer which sounds like a no. If there are any vray devs here maybe put this on the list? Sort of embarrassing to have a render viewer that can't sync with the timeline of the host application.

Comment

Actually, you can do it with the Background layer by replacing the frame number with <frameNum>. It was in the docs all along.

Comment

Originally posted by hermit.crab View Post
              Actually, you can do it with the Background layer by replacing the frame number with <frameNum>. It was in the docs all along.
              Hello sir. Could you give an example how to use that tag on loading the file? I checked the documentation but there are no examples there also.

Tks so much!

Comment

Check the attached .gif. The filename of the sequence is img_0000.jpg, so I just replaced the numbers with <frameNum>. to get img_<frameNum>.jpg
                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                X