nParticle Texture-Driven Color to V-Ray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nParticle Texture-Driven Color to V-Ray

I don't understand why I'm struggling with this. Can someone break down the procedure for me?

I'm emitting nParticles from a surface with a V-Ray Material assigned to it. I want the particles to inherit the texture/material. Per-particle color attributes only update the viewport and don't render. And they don't appear to be displaying the texture precisely, anyway.

Would appreciate an assist if you've got one!

Thanks!
    Last edited by mike_verta; 06-03-2024, 05:13 PM.

Step by step with a very simple setup:
    1. Create a polyPlane
    2. Set it as an emitter (nParticles>Emit from object)
    3. Set Emitter type to Surface
    4. Adjust other parameters as you wish
    5. In the nParticleShape go to "Add Dynamic Attributes" and add Color and Opacity Per Particle Attributes
    6. In the general Attributes rollout, go to V-Ray and Add Per Point Particle Attribute Export and choose RGB (and opacity)
    7. In the Emitter's Texture Emission Attributes, set a texture to the Particle Color and check the Inherit Color option
    8. Select the nParticlesShape and apply a VRayMtl, in i.e. the diffuse slot of which plug a particleSamplerInfo node
    9. Optional: Apply another VRayMtl to the source object, which has the same texture as the Emitter's particle color
    10. Render
    Attached Files
    Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Step 6 and Step 8 were the gold, here. That's what I was missing. I will try this now. Thanks so much!

Comment

It is working - but I'm curious how I can pass an Opacity Scale ramp? It works in the viewport, obviously, but isn't passing to the VRayMtl - I tried putting a samplerInfo node in the Mtl's Opacity map, but no luck.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by mike_verta View Post
          It is working - but I'm curious how I can pass an Opacity Scale ramp? It works in the viewport, obviously, but isn't passing to the VRayMtl - I tried putting a samplerInfo node in the Mtl's Opacity map, but no luck.
          Open Hypershade and manually plug the Opacity PP into all three of the VRayMtl's Opacity Map channels (simply drag-n-dropping will plug the Out Color). Make sure the opacity per-particle attribute export is active (in the V-Ray extra attribute).
          Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
          Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

That worked. Thank you!

Comment

Working...
            X