Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nightly builds in production & Maya render view hiding

Hello,

I'm wondering if any of you have been using the nightly builds in production. I'm smitten with all these new features, but concerned about stability and compatibility in moving forward with them. I've been testing the one from 02/24, for example, and so far it seems stable and backward compatible with older (non-nightly) V-Ray installs, even when the file has been saved using the nightly build.

I also wanted to ask about "[feature request] Hide Maya render window, while rendering in VFB - resolved." How does one turn this off? I can start a render using F9 when the view port is highlighted, but otherwise the Maya render view is rather integral, especially when using two monitors. If the VFB had a button to start a render (and specify which camera to render from), then it wouldn't be as much of an issue, as the only other merit that the Maya RV has is that one can quickly scrub between saved renders. Hiding the Maya RV seems like something that should be a toggle, so users can choose.

Jens

I've been using the nightlies for a month and they're very stable. Been running it on 3 computers, Maya / PC / Linux and have rendered 6000x4000 pixel images. No problems.
    /Bard
    www.hellobard.com
    Norwegian Broadcasting Corporation (NRK) - Motion graphics artist

Comment

I just finished a roughly 350 frame animation (did a precalc on the irrad cache too) the other night using.... if I recall correctly, the feb24th Maya2010 Winx64 build. Worked flawlessly. If I stayed with the original release, I would have had problems. Chaosgroup has a healthy update to to release to the public. I can't imagine them waiting much longer as there are so many things they've tightened up. Nice work Chaos, on a fantastic product.

Comment

Yes it seems my caution was unnecessary as the nightly builds are solid.

Comment

Working...
        X