Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheat blurred reflections

Hail to the forum.

How its possible cheat the blurred reflections? Exist some way to interpolate the reflection and blur it automatically, or we only can choose the number of subdivisions samples done throught raytracing? (This last is really slow).

If I'm not confused, In Max version, on Mtl material, it's possible to "interpolate" reflections and refractions ( http://www.spot3d.com/vray/help/150S...ial_params.htm ) but appears in Maya is not possible yet. Or am I wrong? (http://www.spot3d.com/vray/help/maya...ial_params.htm )

Its been available in MR for quite some time too.
    Essentially I think it just blurs the HDRI image which is only suitable if you have a single object in a HDRI dome.
    I wonder if theres a way to map the different blur amount like you can do in MR?
    The best way to speed up tons of blurred reflections would be "use LC as glossy rays" right ?

Comment

No, just take a look at the mtl material in max documentation, and then, the maya one. Where is interpolation?.

Comment

Yes, the interpolation options for glossy reflections/refractions are not implemented in V-Ray for Maya yet.

Greetings,
        Vladimir Nedev
        Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

Is htere a way to toggle this in the .vrscene,

what would be the line of code ??

Comment

No, this is not supported in V-Ray standalone as well. It would've been very easy to do it in Maya if it was.

Greetings,
            Vladimir Nedev
            Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

Originally posted by vladimir.nedev View Post
              Yes, the interpolation options for glossy reflections/refractions are not implemented in V-Ray for Maya yet.

Greetings,
              Vladimir Nedev
              Vladimir, thanks for the answer. Now I know I should divert my efforts in other render issues.

Remember everybody hope patiently for this feature!. Do glossy reflections by pure raytracing is really slow. The time one bucket spends rendering it compared with others where no glossy reflections exists is easily noticiable

Comment

I'm guessing you've tried using light cache to speed up your glossy ray calculations? I've found it to be quite handy and I think it's in the official build, but the 3ds max docs cover some of the settings, as it's not in the Maya docs yet.

Comment

how about blurring the reflection pass (low subdiv or as required /faster) slightly

Comment

Originally posted by mcnamex View Post
                    how about blurring the reflection pass (low subdiv or as required /faster) slightly
                    No, that really wont work with any object that has any kind of sharp edges.

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

Working...
                    X