Maya 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hellobard View Post
    In regards to Maya 2011, I'm just testing it now with some vray materials and tried setting the viewport renderer to Viewport 2.0, but Vray materials just turn up as a pink shader. Is there no way to get VrayMtl's to show up in this viewport mode? It's the same for High Quality Renderer mode (though no pink shaders here.
    This also happens with mr shaders. I think ADSK should've named it "Viewport 0.2" really...not 2.0.
    Maya 2020/2022
    Win 10x64
    Vray 5

Comment

haha that's absolutely ridiculous if even MR shaders don't work.
      What's the point of "upgrading" the viewport then? They didn't say anything about that in the video tech demos they showed...
      Anyway, quite happy with the new stuff otherwise, it feels a lot more snappier on OS X too.
      /Bard
      www.hellobard.com
      Norwegian Broadcasting Corporation (NRK) - Motion graphics artist

Comment

Yeah, it's a work in progress. For me some meshes don't display (imported from another program - but this same mesh will render fine) you probably already noticed, component operations do not work, area lights do not work, Anti-Aliasing (for me) doesn't work, Bounding box display does not work...etc...etc... this is what I meant by ".2" because that's what it really is.

It's really an alpha IMO, but one day it will replace the current viewport and it will be great because of the massive FPS gains and higher quality.

I think I read somewhere ADSK devs had this new tech available, Max went the way of Quicksilver hardware renderer and Maya went the direction of a new viewport (which I'm glad they chose).
        Maya 2020/2022
        Win 10x64
        Vray 5

Comment

At present there are no hooks for us to implement the V-Ray materials in Viewport 2.0. Hopefully the API will be opened in the future (like in 3ds Max).

Best regards,
          Vlado
          I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Working...
          X