About BlendMtl Material

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About BlendMtl Material

This material should work for materials like varnished wood? Or is for other purposes?

For example, if we got two Mtl materials, varnish and wood, and use first one like coat, and second like base material... we shouldn't get a semi-ethereal varnished wood, right?.

I'd say the refraction is mixing too:

Click image for larger version

Name:	BlendMtl..jpg
Views:	1
Size:	33.9 KB
ID:	869662

Here a render. UpLeft, the wood, UpRight, the varnish, DownLeft, the BlendMtl material with base and coat, and finally, DownRight, the two physical objects one over other. The third one should be like the fourth?. Or is because in the BlendMtl not exist a closed surface for refraction?.

Click image for larger version

Name:	douka_color..jpg
Views:	1
Size:	408.4 KB
ID:	869663

Here the texture

LaqWood.mb..zip

And here the scene

By the way, the white splotch is the sundisk reflection

i had better results for things like coatings with layered materials, but i'm new to vray
    Attached Files
    www.mirage-cg.com

Comment

The varnish material has refraction enabled, and V-Ray will calculate that accordingly. You can do what you want in a slightly different way - disable the refraction and Fresnel options for the varnish material, and use a VRayFresnel texture as the Blend amount for the material inside the VRayBlendMtl material.

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

I still need do much more test. I need try this method, but Vlado, its normal that BlendMtl mixes the transparency, being the transparent material on the coat slot?, I mean, this was the idea with this material?. Why BlendMtl render base material like transparent?

Edit: Finally I've understanded your idea of use vrayfresnel texture for the blend amount. Thanks one more time for open my eyes.
        Last edited by Reaversword; 13-04-2010, 04:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X