vray standalone vs maya batch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vray standalone vs maya batch

I'm doing speed on renders using the maya batch with muster versus the vray standalone (eventually id like to use muster to batch the vray standalone).

I guess its to be expected but the standalone renders maybe 50% faster than the batch. I'm not sure if that's muster getting in the way.. but most likely its just the maya batch is slower. even though i use vray proxy in BOTH cases i guess the maya render has to load a bunch of extra stuff that the vrscene does not.

I guess not so much a question as a discussion of topic why that is? its a lot easier for us to use maya batch because we have scenes with multiple cameras and we use a lot of mel scripting to run commands at render time which are of course incompatable to use with standalone. looking at what actually happens when you run a maya batch it looks like internally it creates a temp vrscene file? so I would expect that the vrscene and the maya batch would be more simmilar in rendertimes?

currently we don't have a pipeline for standalone... but giving these facts, it looks like we will have to develop the tools to use standalone and get away from maya batch.

Edit.
    OPP i dont think the time was 50% increase on second look my comparison is

maya batch + muster = 23 min 12 seconds
    vrayStandalone = 19 min 35 seconds

so the difference was not so much but still some.
    Last edited by bradon; 04-05-2010, 10:54 AM.

Hi

We are implementing the vray standalone - muster pipeline and it almost works but sometimes we get diferent results inside maya versus the standalone.
    We don't know yet what happens, but this is inadmisible. Is not a muster problem cause we have run both commands from msdos.
    Now we don't have much time, but when we have, we can post some scenes to test.

Comment

There is a known issue with some differences between the renders in Maya and in the standalone and we are looking into that.

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Working...
      X